★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **Marvel Pinball Collaboration Special - Collect exclusive Deadpool cards, FREE for a limited time in X-Men: Battle of the Atom! Get a head start by redeeming gift code 'MERC15' at the Shop!**

Celebrating 50 Years of X-Men!

Prepare yourself for the most uncanny, astonishing card-battle game of them all! Fight your way through single-player missions as Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, and other all-time X-Men favorites. Recruit hundreds of characters spanning 50 Years of X-Men history, assemble the ultimate team, and experience the greatest storylines from the comics past and present in epic multiplayer 20-vs.-20 real-time battles!

The world is rife with tension, and mutants are picking sides as lines are crossed and relationships are compromised. The X-Men utilize time traveling, universe-bending technology to call on allies from the past and future, but in doing so they create a loophole unleashing some of the greatest villains of all time.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom features multi-month story arcs with raid events based on classic comic storylines, plus epic boss battles where 20-player X-Teams compete to do the most damage against the likes of Magneto, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse, and droves of mutant-hunting Sentinels.

** Requires iOS 5.0 or later.**

FEATURES

- Take control of your all-time favorite X-Men from across different timelines, including Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Beast, Rachel Grey, and more!

- Freeze, kick, claw, and blast your way through more than 45 character-driven missions!

- Join upcoming events drawing on landmark X-Men stories like SCHISM, MESSIAH COMPLEX, AGE OF APOCALYPSE, and the current BATTLE OF THE ATOM!

- Pursue REAL-TIME Battles for maximum competition!

- Check out original art by Marvel artists and stories adapted by X-scribe James Asmus!

OTHER REQUIREMENTS

- Internet connection is required to play X-Men: Battle of the Atom.

- Compatible with iPhone 4 or newer and iPod Touch 5.

- This game is not optimized for iPod Touch 4 or older.

NOTICES

- X-Men: Battle of the Atom is completely free-to-play. No purchases are required. The purchase of in-game currency (X-Coins) can accelerate game-play, but all players can play the entire game for free. X-Coin purchases can help players recruit a stronger deck of Cards, which provides advantages in single-player missions and in multi-player battles and events. In-app purchases can be turned off by disabling in-app purchases in your devices settings.

- X-Men: Battle of the Atom includes in-game social features such as message boards, chat, and trading systems through which players can communicate with each other.

- Published by Aeria 51, LLC at 2475 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA, 95054, USA.

- Support available by email at help@xmenbotagame.com.

Boardumb's comments:

01-17-2014, 07:38 PM
No clue what this is for, but here is my friend code.
S8LR1HK3
My game name is Catrack. I have an X-Team called X-Static. We haven't lost a PVP yet. Feel free to join if you can figure out how or send me a DM and I will try to invite!

01-17-2014, 08:19 PM
So is this a card battler (like Legend of the Cryptids) or a real CCG?
01-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
So is this a card battler (like Legend of the Cryptids) or a real CCG?
Not a card battler. Closer to something like that Rage of Bel-whatever game, but slightly more in depth and with an excellent group PVP. I'm interested in it. You collect characters and combine them in battle to do special attacks basically...you COULD just use all of them without thinking, but you'll waste one or two of them that aren't compatible, and once they're used they can't be used again in that battle. So while it seems like it is obvious to just use every hero every turn, you'll miss out on the max combos. So, some slight strategy.

Idk, guys. I can't tell yet if this game is clever or garbage. But I'm leaning to clever.
01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
X-Men and trading cards? I'm in.

My friend code: 3YLT086N
01-18-2014, 06:24 AM
Marvel Puzzle Quest owns my soul. Any thoughts on this one?
01-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Game Impressions

01-18-2014, 03:20 PM
So I've been playing, but I just don't understand the combo system. I can't figure out how to tell from the cards which ones go together other than just tapping on them and looking for the colored borders. Or is that it? Seems like you should be able to tell from the card thumbnails themselves. I thought it was those three colors at the top of each card, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
01-18-2014, 03:22 PM
50 years and they give us a freemium game -.-
01-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekku View Post
50 years and they give us a freemium game -.-
Apparently they're celebrating the present and not the past.