★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***************************************************

V1.4 is here! Now supports "Drag to look" controls as well as dual stick!

With dozens of Game of the Year awards under his belt, Duke remains the King of Action. Larger than life action is what Duke is all about, mixed with humor and innovative explosive action in this 20+ hour game.

Los Angeles. Under attack by aliens intent on stealing our chicks for breeding. Duke Nukem springs into action dealing damage like only he can, making his "insightful" comments along the way. If you've never played a Duke game, this is your chance to see why he's been a fan favorite since 1991, with over 18 original Duke Nukem games since that time. Duke Nukem is not the typical faceless hero -- he's an in-your-face hero who has a personality that doesn't quit. Yes, it's a B-movie plot, but that's what makes it fun!

Metacritic Player Rating: 9.4 of 10.

"It's the ultimate game for unleashing all your pent-up aggression. It is the most astonishing game we've laid our eyes on for ages! In fact, it makes pretty much every PC game we've ever seen - "Doom" included - like slightly dull. Honestly!" -- PC Gamer

"It's more inventive, and more entertaining, than "Doom." I know they've had long enough to get it right (but so have many others, who've tried and failed)." -- Computer and Video Games

"It's rare when a game comes along that really kicks your ass. With its free-flowing 3D action, over-the-top weapons, and ruthlessly attitudinal protagonist, Duke Nukem will have PC gamers worldwide rubbing their rumps with spine-tingling glee." -- Gamespot

"I couldn't stop laughing while playing this extremely enjoyable trip through what unfolds like a 1950's science fiction B-movie: Space Aliens Invade Earth for Women!...Duke Nukem has what most first-person shooters don't - character!" -- PC Gameworld

If you like Duke Nukem 3D, also be sure to check out Prey Invasion, based on the award-winning game by the makers of Duke Nukem.

Duke Nukem 3D (c)2009 3D Realms, Inc. All rights reserved. Developed by MachineWorks Northwest LLC.

You can get to the Controls and the Control Layout in-game by tapping the two icons in the upper right corner. Control Layout allows you to move the buttons and stick anywhere on the screen.

jawslover's comments:
Still does not work with 1st Gen iPod Touches

IGN review: http://wireless.ign.com/articles/101/1012495p1.html

Take note:

Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
Arn, and others,

You are absolutely correct about the controls and I apologize. You have my word this will all be addressed as soon as possible in an update. I was not aware the control situation until the game had already shipped.

Hang in there a short bit and I'm sure the game will control as well as it can on the iPhone, soon.
Ver 1.1 is Out:
- Includes updated analog controls (note that sensitivity is fully adjustable in the options menu)
- Supports iPod Touch 1 and 2 with 2.2 OS and higher
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
whoooooooooo checkin it out

Only 2.99

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

Last edited by skyye06; 08-10-2009 at 04:43 PM.

08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Omg!!! Only $3? Syncing...

Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 08-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.
08-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Looks good, but a little blur in the IGN image.

I spent much hours in the PC version.
08-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Impressions impressions!! I gotta know how this puppy plays. Oh please god don't be another prey! Shit I literally have 2.98....ass!!

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew

Last edited by le'deuche123; 08-10-2009 at 04:45 PM.
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm interested in this new control method... let me know, whoever buys it.
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
yes someone toftt, i dont have enough money

08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Nice! In the words of the man himself... "Come get some!"

Another instant buy for a classic game lover like me

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
Sadly no multiplayer = no buy for me. I've been through all of the levels so many times on all of the other platforms... only deathmatch would get me interested in carrying it around with me.
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
Omg!!! Only $3? Syncing...
your impressions soon i hope but please go into detail please