★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Loren The Amazon Princess is a fantasy epic combining intricate turn-based battles with a heroic tale of overcoming evil, with a twist! In this tale, you play as a loyal servant of the hero rather than the hero herself.

Travel by Princess Loren's side as she searches for her lost mother, the Queen of the Amazons. Guide her choices and act as her valiant defender, meeting many colorful characters along the way.

As the journey progresses, everyone will grow and change: character development in games isn't dead! It's also impossible to see all the content in just one playthrough, with so many ways to customize the characters.

- 12 unique romances, including all possible gender combinations
- 3 base skill tree and 14 unique specialization skilltree for maximum variety!
- Old school RPG turn-based gameplay with many stats and items
- Play as male or female, decide your background and shape your personality
- Epic setting: fight armies of demons, undead and more while looting treasures
- The "Castle Of N'Mar" expansion can also be unlocked from within the game for more content!
01-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Fans of Lone Wolf and the Sorcery series should definitely check this out. The free portion is very generous and should give you a good idea of the story, characters, and gameplay; the rest of the game is unlocked with a single IAP purchase (there's also an expansion available for more money).

So far the story has been pretty engaging and a step up from generic fantasy. The characters (particularly the secondary ones) are memorable. There's a Bioware-style dialogue system, which includes the possibility of starting up romances between party members. The combat reminds me of Wizardry and Might and Magic, with a bit of Final Fantasy -- there's a fair amount of skill and tactical depth, and party management is plays a big role. For examples, enemies can bash your front line characters and drive them backwards, exposing your mages and archers.

So far, Loren has been a pleasant surprise: a polished RPG/visual novel with decent amount of depth.

01-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the imps Squarezero, I downloaded this earlier but haven't had a chance to play yet. It looks a little more friendly than their other new game Planet Stronehold that features energy recharge as one of the IAP. I'll probably end up buying the full game and expansion if I end up enjoying it as much as I think I will.
01-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Here's a play video from some people on YouTube -

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Everything is really high quality, perhaps too high

There is a slight delay when i click on the buttons. Is anyone else experiencing this?
01-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by sbxsat View Post
Everything is really high quality, perhaps too high

There is a slight delay when i click on the buttons. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Getting the same thing, but it's not gamebreaking at all. It may also be because my device is a little outdated.
01-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the vid, but the guy who made it is such a tool it's nearly impossible to watch.
01-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Omg getting it just because one of the charactes names is Ramas.
01-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Nice. Saw this one Steam and was thinking of getting it- I'll get it on my iPad instead later.
01-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I have really been enjoying this game, they did a really good job with the battle system, it's a lot of fun and very polished. I really like that there are battles/tasks that you can replay for money, loot, and experience. I ended up buying the full game and the expansions and will probably look into Planet Stronghold after I finish my first play through of this. I'm just a little put off by the Colony Energy Recharge IAP in Planet Stronghold but I'll see what that's about before I decide to but the full game and expansion.