★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: LunarModule3D LITE release & pseudo-contest

08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
LunarModule3D LITE release & pseudo-contest

Hi,

Jim from J-Squared Software - just wanted to announce the release of LunarModule3D Lite. It's free, obviously, so please take a look!

It's the same as the full version, but with only one level. Same graphics, music, sound effects, etc... Same innovative control scheme.. Same everything. We've made only a single level available in this version to give you a little taste.

As for the pseudo-contest... if you can find some way to convince me that you deserve a promo code for the real game (though it IS only $.99), I'd be happy to send you one. I have only about 10 or so left, so it's gonna have to be good! Write an exceptional review for the lite version or send me a breathtaking LM3D screenshot I've never seen (we put a really cool level in the Lite version, so maybe!) I don't know... Anything you think I'd like is fair game. If you can show me you deserve one somehow, it's yours.

LM3D Website
iTunes Link for LM3D Lite

Thanks!
Jim
jim@lunarmodule3d.com
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Cool. Downloading the lite now. Though I m not sure I can impress anyone with my writing skills here

08-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Cool. Downloading the lite now. Though I m not sure I can impress anyone with my writing skills here
Could you repeat that? It was all gibberish to me.
08-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Downloading the Lite...

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Hope you guys like the game - tell your friends!

Oh and one thing that I think is REALLY cool are links to other websites/forums/etc worth posting on....... (that I don't know about already, obviously.)

Last edited by covert.james; 08-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Well here goes... It all started when I was a kid. I had this dream. The dream was to be one of those guys in poofy suits that get to ride a rocket to space. I saved and saved as much money as I could to buy a rocket ship but the nine dollars that I had wasn't enough. Some time went by and I learned that I could fly my own rockets so that exactly what I did. I went down to the hobby store and bought a rocket with a real rocket engine. I went to a big field and lit it off. It shot into the air a couple hundred feet or millions of miles (not sure), heard a pop and there she was floating back down to earth with a parachute with me staring with big eye balls going WOW! It came down and landed on a farmers field, I started to run because it was out of site. I rounded the corner and saw some red and orange things which turned out to be flames, guess the rocket lit the farmers field on fire. Once again my eyes were big and going WOW! I managed to grab the rocket and franticly stomp all over the ground until I got the fire out (I think). I sat there thinking, my mom's gonna kill me. I also figured this may have just burnt up my chances with my parents letting me be an astronaut. Some time went by, many more rockets went up in the air and a few more fields were caught on fire. My dreams were shattered. Then came along this application for my command center (iPhone) that let me relive those moments of glory and hope. This is app is clearly more than one small step for mankind. Not sure if my dreams could survive being shattered once again.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel

Last edited by jasonsmith; 08-10-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar.
08-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Well here goes... It all started when I was a kid. I had this dream. The dream was to be one of those guys in poofy suits that get to ride a rocket to space. I saved and saved as much money as I could to buy a rocket ship but the nine dollars that I had wasn't enough. Some time went by and I learned that I could fly my own rockets so that exactly what I did. I went down to the hobby store and and bought a rocket with a real rocket engine. I went to a big field and lit it off. It shot into the air a couple hundred feet or millions of miles (not sure), heard a pop and there she was floating back down to earth with a parachute with me staring with big eye balls going WOW! It came down and landed on a farmers field, Is started to run because it was out of site. I rounded the corner and saw some red and orange things which turned out to be flames, guess the rocket lit the framers field on fire. Once again my eyes were big and going WOW! I managed to grab the rocket and franticly stomp all over the ground until I got the fire out (I think). I sat there thinking, my mom's gonna kill me. I also figured this may have just burnt up my chances of my parents letting me be an astronaut. Some time went by, many more rockets went up in the air and a few more fields were caught on fire. My dreams were shattered. Then came along this application for my command center (iPhone) that let me relive those moments of glory and hope. This is app is clearly more than one small step for mankind. Not sure if my dreams could survive being shattered once again.
LOL! You make me want to bust out my old model rockets....
08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by covert.james View Post
LOL! You make me want to bust out my old model rockets....
All a true story LOL. Oh those were the days... Review left for the Lite on iTunes as well, minus the story.

It's a super fun game or simulator. I really like the music and sound effects, they match the LM mission perfectly. If your lead foot heavy on the gas type then stay on earth or you may not come back. Very well done!

Last edited by jasonsmith; 08-10-2009 at 08:00 PM.
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the code Jim , I'll spread the word for ya as best as I can.

08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
If there are still codes left...

I'll be straight and to the point: Unlike a lot of people, I actually leave reviews after playing games. Ask Sqiwboo, atommo, and others - yeah I know I'm new to the site, but I'm not a jerk off who steals a free game and doesn't leave a review. I have morals and believe in karma. And your game looks very fun!