Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2014, 07:31 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Island Town by Bryan Scott Gruver

Check out my newest app and my first iPad game, Island Town! All feedback is appreciated. It's still early days for this game.

App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/island-town/id732493568

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/islandtownapp please...Like iT!

Relax and build your own palm tree covered island resort town! Balance & Grow the beach town of your dreams in this stunning city building simulator. Warning! This game does require some thought and doesn’t require endless spending unlike similar games out. Buy coconuts once, get them in every new city and existing city. Delete the app and reinstall? Your coconut purchases are restored automatically from iCloud as soon as you have an internet connection. I did not create this game to bleed your bank account dry, I just wanted to create a great game. 

Game Features:

- Zone, Build & Balance the residential population; commercial & industrial job base.

- Improve your buildings to increase population/jobs, aura (coconut production), tax revenue & the overall beauty of your town.

- Create an expansive park & pond system for your citizens to enjoy and to promote faster coconut growth.

- Unlock the Campground, Town Hall & Mayor’s House Rewards. (Chapel & More Coming Soon!) Learn the secret of the Town Hall.

- Tap and Hold on any Building/Game Tile to move it to any other empty game tile. Use this to rearrange your town and create beautiful rainbows of color throughout.

Game Design:

- Vector Drawn, Completely Custom, Beautifully Detailed, Constantly Improving Graphics.

- Completely open ended game play. Design as many different towns as you can imagine. See how far you can push your population.

- Internet connection only needed for purchases & purchase restoration.

App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/island-town/id732493568

Please…pretty please, like Island Town on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/islandtownapp

Coming Soon: Chapel Reward & Game Center Integration!

Last edited by brygruver; 01-21-2014 at 02:59 AM..
Old 01-22-2014, 01:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks very nice and polished, but I must admit, the menu screen doesn't really match up quality wise.
Will give it a try, I'm not usually into these types of games, but I really like the theme and art.
Goodluck on your release!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Look neats, but iPad only?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Looks very nice and polished, but I must admit, the menu screen doesn't really match up quality wise.
Will give it a try, I'm not usually into these types of games, but I really like the theme and art.
Goodluck on your release!
Thank you much! Once you see the Main Menu animate, I think you'll like it more. It definitely needs more detail though. Thanks for trying it out.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
Look neats, but iPad only?
For now. I don't want to just scale the interface down. I think that's a bad experience (Clash of Clans). So until I have time to devote to an iPhone interface, it's iPad only. I think the iPad is the best experience and I actually did most of the game on an iPad Mini.

I'm working on filling out the rewards and Game Center for now. Then I'll start work on the iPhone Version.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:39 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

It's a nice looking and easy-to-play casual game, I had no issues with the interface. But I am pretty much burnt out on this style of gameplay where you just check in periodically to tap everything.

Last edited by confab; 01-23-2014 at 10:09 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by confab View Post
It's a nice looking and easy-to-play casual game, I had no issues with the interface. But I am pretty much burnt out on this style of gameplay where you just check in periodically to tap everything.
Thanks man. I agree on the tapping thing. Play through to Level 5, Unlock the Town Hall and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.