★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Check out my new game Cubeode! Its FREE!

Orbsorb is an original central defence arcade game about focus, control and high scores.

Defend your Orbsorber from incoming, different coloured ORBs. Gain points for defence and even more points for letting the same coloured ORBs pass by your shield. Try to keep control and focus as ORB numbers increase, ORBs quicken and special ORB attacks bombard your Orbsorber.

Use a classic joystick style control scheme to achieve endless high scores. As you learn to keep calm and stay focused, control and precision will be your greatest advantage.

MAIN FEATURES:

- Universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Endless gameplay with endless combinations.
- Colourful and clean design.
- Original atmospheric techno soundtrack.
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
- Created with Sprite Kit.
- Optimised for iPhone 5, 5C & 5S.
- Requires iOS 7.0 or above.

CREDITS:

Code, Design & Art - Montgomery Guilhaus
Music & Sound Effects - Rebecca Guilhaus

PeteOzzy's comments:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/orbsorb/id796228150?mt=8

01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 3,309
This one looks good.

Dloaded and I'll play tomorrow, I'll gave no chance of sleeping if I play now!
Have you tried it yet?

01-21-2014, 08:44 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
This one looks good.

Dloaded and I'll play tomorrow, I'll gave no chance of sleeping if I play now!
Have you tried it yet?
I tried but it's very colour-oriented so couldn't make heads nor tails of how to play unfortunately! It looked nice though and seemed polished enough to make a post at least.

Let me know if it's good though!
01-21-2014, 08:50 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I tried but it's very colour-oriented so couldn't make heads nor tails of how to play unfortunately! It looked nice though and seemed polished enough to make a post at least.

Let me know if it's good though!
Okay, so here's how it works. You want to let orbs of the same color hit your main orb while "deflecting" different colored orbs by intercepting them with your rotating shield. Different colored orbs deplete your shield layers.

It's kind of like I Am Box or Gyro in that regards. Quite challenging too, as more complex patterns close in
01-21-2014, 10:14 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Okay, so here's how it works. You want to let orbs of the same color hit your main orb while "deflecting" different colored orbs by intercepting them with your rotating shield. Different colored orbs deplete your shield layers.

It's kind of like I Am Box or Gyro in that regards. Quite challenging too, as more complex patterns close in
It's does sound interesting, cannot play it for the life of me, but definitely could be good! Cheers for the help though
01-21-2014, 11:46 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,087
Here you go, fresh from Reflector.

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel
01-22-2014, 03:56 AM
#7
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I tried but it's very colour-oriented so couldn't make heads nor tails of how to play unfortunately! It looked nice though and seemed polished enough to make a post at least.

Let me know if it's good though!
I couldn't make heads nor tails of it either.
Managed to score 7 points though haha.

It looks like lot of fun though and I'll keep trying.
I keep getting a lot of crashes too, but I'm thinking it could be gamecentre related, I seem to be having to sign every single time I load any game up. No idea why...
01-22-2014, 03:58 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I couldn't make heads nor tails of it either.
Managed to score 7 points though haha.

It looks like lot of fun though and I'll keep trying.
I keep getting a lot of crashes too, but I'm thinking it could be gamecentre related, I seem to be having to sign every single time I load any game up. No idea why...
I've been having GC trouble too.
01-22-2014, 04:02 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,464
No problems for me. The game works fine and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's frustrating.. in a good way

Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,443