iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-22-2014, 05:33 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Nice will get it asapp :-)
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Sounds decent after reading the Upcoming thread where a lot of people got promo codes (why wasn't I reading that ). But there was concern about a difficulty spike early in the game. The dev said that was going to be addressed so there would be no pressure to get IAPs. I'd like to know if it indeed has been since I didn't see any more feedback on that.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Sounds decent after reading the Upcoming thread where a lot of people got promo codes (why wasn't I reading that ). But there was concern about a difficulty spike early in the game. The dev said that was going to be addressed so there would be no pressure to get IAPs. I'd like to know if it indeed has been since I didn't see any more feedback on that.
We did indeed address the difficulty spike. After all the great feedback in our Upcoming thread, we submitted a pre-launch patch where we tuned down the difficulty of early levels. It was a tough thing to do because we didn't want the game to be too easy. Tree Wars is a premium game, so we don't want people to think that IAP is necessary, but at the same time we don't want the game to be so hard that people get stuck in early levels. We're happy to say that the game is entirely completeable without IAP, but it's not easy
Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Played the most recent version and the difficulty ramp up really nicely, especially in the beginning, so don't worry =)
Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 AM

No the game is not easy. But it isn't SO hard that you throw your device across the room! I think it is quite fair.

The game is a Castle Defense game with a different kind of twist. Instead of just sending your units across the kill the other castle - ad infinitum, the levels have obstacles in them (trees) from which the enemies emerge. Sounds easy? Well no, because there are different paths the enemies can come from. So you need quite a bit of strategy to decide whether to attack and from which side.

Each level begins with a base kind of unit that refresh at an acceptable speed. To earn more units you kill enemies and enemy trees for Acorns. Those acorns can get turned in for different kinds of units or spells. They too refresh at an acceptable pace.

One thing I am unclear on is what to use the acorns you seem to collect at the end of every level. Or does that factor in to your score somehow? The acorns that you DID collect that level.

Oh and there are three difficulty levels to play at. Loads and loads of replay ability!

This is a great entry into the Castle Defense genre. Very strategic. Very fun. Very clever. Everyone should be considering this purchase!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

I was one of the ones to get this game early with a promo code to test the game. I have seen the recent update fixed a few issues and difficulty. The game was hard back then I don't know how hard starting levels are now but I completed stages 1-4 on all difficulties I did complete stage 5 also but ran into a bug which stopped it completing the level.

I know everything is fixed now and the graphics are good, gameplay is good an with the difficulty you don't feel like everything is easy, when you complete a level you feel good that you cracked it because as you go along sometimes you need to start the level again a few times and try a different tactic. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone interested in this type of game, there are fewer units for your team than games like Arel I believe it was? But it feels more tactical than just spamming units.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:45 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up