Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Lonely Bunny - (By Vaughn Carpenter)

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is this Lonely Bunny or Loney Bunny?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Is this Lonely Bunny or Loney Bunny?
It's Lonely Bunny, as per the screenshots, it's just a very unfortunate place to have a typo!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 6.x

Default ._.

This looks kind of surprisingly cool.. in a very odd way..
Old 01-22-2014, 10:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.raptusgames.com View Post
This looks kind of surprisingly cool.. in a very odd way..
I was thinking that. Granted it looks very home brew and could use a fair bit of polish, it's pretty intriguing. I'd be very interested in impressions on this one!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:51 PM

Something about this intrigues me as well, would love to hear any impressions
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So Lonely Bunny (pretty sure that's the name, dev might have made a mistake)...

On one hand, it's flawed. The controls while serviceable are kind of clunky and it's easy to miss enemies with your attacks. The visual style is interesting but the contrast between cartoony bunnies and the more normal fantasy world is extremely jarring. Fighting enemies can be frustrating because it can be difficult to maneuver and you'll often be getting hurt by others while attacking another enemy. The button placements for some actions feel awkward. Your character moves relatively slow

But on the other, it's ambitious and has tons of potential. There is depth in the mechanics, skills to upgrade and magic to unlock and equip, numerous weapons to purchase. The environments are places I want to explore. The animations are nice and the bosses are massive and menacing. Some moments, there's a scope that probably not seen in most IOS games (i.e. skydiving after a dragon). There's great promise here

Right now I feel like there's a legitimately intriguing and fun experience behind the mediocre gameplay execution. Perhaps with updates and more polish, that potential can shine more brightly.

Trying to create a deep 3D action RPG on IOS is a tough challenge for any developer, even more so for a small indie team, so I want to cut them some slack due to the ambition and overall vision presented here. But it's also not the most polished gameplay experience

Last edited by Bronxsta; 01-22-2014 at 11:02 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

It's almost like they took a pre-made game and inserted a cartoon bunny into it and then purposefully made the UI as obscuring as possible. But then, the world looks pretty impressive, I love RPGs and there are dragons. Dragons!
I have no idea what to make of this...that dragon flying/falling screenshot could be something brilliant, I just don't know!

Edit: Missed Bronxsta's impressions whilst typing, sounds very much like I imagined. Finger is hovering on the buy simply for the amount of effort is just have taken, would like to hear from the dev though - assurances of further support would be all I really need

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 01-22-2014 at 11:01 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
It's almost like they took a pre-made game and inserted a cartoon bunny into it and then purposefully made the UI as obscuring as possible. But then, the world looks pretty impressive, I love RPGs and there are dragons. Dragons!
I have no idea what to make of this...that dragon flying/falling screenshot could be something brilliant, I just don't know!

Edit: Missed Bronxsta's impressions whilst typing, sounds very much like I imagined. Finger is hovering on the buy simply for the amount of effort is just have taken, would like to hear from the dev though - assurances of further support would be all I really need
You know, that's exactly what it feels likes. Like someone mashed two completely contrasting games and it's just weird. The oversized awkward bunnies seem so at odds with everything else
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

The thing is, anthropomorphic rabbits can work and work really well. Overgrowth on PC is freaking amazing and the animal characters just fit the world and the atmosphere

If the rabbit wasn't so over the top cartoonish, it wouldn't be a problem. But right now it just makes the game feel awkward and weird. I understand why they choose that route, most likely budget reasons, easier to animate, but when everything else is "realistic", it stands out in the worst kind of way