RPG

AI

----------------------------------------------
iOS 6.0
iPhone 5/iPhone 5s/iPhone 5c

CRIWARE (TM)

chaos_envoys's comments:

PeteOzzy found it first..
it's available in indonesian and UK app store.. don't know about US though..
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
I've hit a wall that seems to suggest it'll only be playable after 3pm, I'm assuming Japanese time. I could be totally wrong as I'm no linguistic mastermind but that's what I could discern.

Anyone had any luck getting past the screen with the slime timer?
01-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Can't pass that screen too.. I love dragon quest monsters but this online only thing is ruining the game.... Sadly

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
01-23-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm in the US and this game is pretty fun. It's basically as the title says, a lite version of classic Dragon Quest Monsters action.

There's similarities to a collectible card game in that there is "stamina", there are missions, the "questing" is simple (although you swipe to navigate an actual map, not just tap to advance) and you collect monsters for your party. There seems to be login bonuses too, and of course gold and gems (two kinds of currency). When monsters appear on map squares however, the action shifts to classic Dragon Quest RPG battling with skills and stats making a difference in the strategy.

Graphically, it's very pretty and has the charming Akira Toriyama art that you either love or hate to death. The music is classic Dragon Quest as well, mostly from 8, and it really brings a completeness to the game that other free card-type games just lack.

In short, the game HAS to be localized in a HURRY!
01-23-2014, 09:39 AM
So its in the US Store but isn't localized? Heck it's free, downloading to figure it out.

Edit: not in the US.... sigh, hurry!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-23-2014 at 09:41 AM.