★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTunes China doesn"t allow games? Are you kidding me!

08-11-2009, 01:05 AM
iTunes China doesn"t allow games? Are you kidding me!

I searched the Chinese iTunes store and to my (democratic) horror there is no game section on the store. Does anyone have any information regarding the lack of games? I was really hoping to sell some games into China. Please don't tell me it isn't so. Ready to cry...... So many people lost forever.
08-11-2009, 01:30 AM
There haven't been games in the Chinese App Store since the beginning. Hopefully that will change when they start selling the iPhone.

08-11-2009, 01:31 AM
There are a few games, under Entertainment but there are very little. I wonder why, I was shocked to find out China banned YouTube and blogs as well.

10chars
08-11-2009, 01:43 AM
China is very strict about the worldwide web and anything questionable will surely be blocked. YouTube is definitely known for its inappropriate videos (not inappropriate in the sense of nudity but people expressing questionable opinions as well as occasional cussing in videos). Much of the iTunes Store is blocked because of notable songs and media supporting the Tibetan cause, in which China has taken offense to and does not want being translated across China.
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM
damn communism.
08-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Why is anybody shocked at this? What do you expect from China?

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
08-11-2009, 02:46 AM
That's what communists do they censor things that don't go with their philosophies. Try and make it to the U.S., preferabley a conservative area where you wont have to listen to too many control-freak liberals trying to tell you what to do. Live free
08-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
That's what communists do they censor things that don't go with their philosophies. Try and make it to the U.S., preferabley a conservative area where you wont have to listen to too many control-freak liberals trying to tell you what to do. Live free
Conservative America isn't exactly a bastion of free speech these days...

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
08-11-2009, 03:00 AM
just change your country to one that is full of games... like the US

EDIT: oh, i just reread your OP, so you just searched in the chinese app store.

memory cards
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Is that supposed to be a joke?

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn