Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Professional Boxing Manager iOS

Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 AM

Anyone looked at this game? Looks interesting.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 AM

A boxing manager? Awesome!

I remember playing a boxing manager a looong time ago on PC which was great, you could even manage a boxing kangaroo.

Anyway as I'm a sucker for sports management games, I'm buying this, impressions will follow.

edit: Right, after the logo screens I can choose ''create new game'' or ''load existing game'', pressing any of these buttons results in... nothing.
This is on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.

Last edited by Nyx1978; 01-23-2014 at 05:56 AM..
Old 01-23-2014, 06:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx1978 View Post
A boxing manager? Awesome!

I remember playing a boxing manager a looong time ago on PC which was great, you could even manage a boxing kangaroo.

Anyway as I'm a sucker for sports management games, I'm buying this, impressions will follow.

edit: Right, after the logo screens I can choose ''create new game'' or ''load existing game'', pressing any of these buttons results in... nothing.
This is on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.
Absolutely love boxing manager games and have been waiting for one to come out for a long time.

Like you, I have the same problem with the option screens.

I have reported to the support site and got back an automated response. The writing does state it is a v1 with bugs so hopefully a patch will follow shortly.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum0ik View Post
Absolutely love boxing manager games and have been waiting for one to come out for a long time.

Like you, I have the same problem with the option screens.

I have reported to the support site and got back an automated response. The writing does state it is a v1 with bugs so hopefully a patch will follow shortly.
I also reported it to the support site, hope it gets solved soon.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM

I love sports management games also. There is another quality boxing management game on android but I think I'll have to give this game a go. Pity about the bug though, that needs to be fixed pretty quick I would say.

Any further impressions?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Ok, so the create game now is fixed.

Further bugs follow after this.

Create name = fine.

Date of birth is a drop down which is very fiddly. You can only choose the top 2 dates in each option. I.e. Scrolling down the months presents oct, nov, dec. Guess who's dob is December? Yes, me. I can't choose December.

It's the same with the number.

Then pick the region - I couldn't select England and when i pressed England, it selected another so I quit and came back in.

Coming back in did allow me to select load existing so I did. I then clicked England again and it selected Denmark with no stable of fighters. (The previous incorrect selection had at least given me a stable).

This game needs some serious work before it is ready - it should have been free while testing!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum0ik View Post
Ok, so the create game now is fixed.

Further bugs follow after this.

Create name = fine.

Date of birth is a drop down which is very fiddly. You can only choose the top 2 dates in each option. I.e. Scrolling down the months presents oct, nov, dec. Guess who's dob is December? Yes, me. I can't choose December.

It's the same with the number.

Then pick the region - I couldn't select England and when i pressed England, it selected another so I quit and came back in.

Coming back in did allow me to select load existing so I did. I then clicked England again and it selected Denmark with no stable of fighters. (The previous incorrect selection had at least given me a stable).

This game needs some serious work before it is ready - it should have been free while testing!
Agreed.

The UI is a mess, a lot of texts are not entirely on screen, there is no tutorial at all...

Will be hard to like this if it stays this way and at the moment I would not recommend it to anyone.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 AM

Can't recommend this game to anyone in its current state. It looks like there is some depth and interesting concepts there, but it's way too buggy and difficult to control that it makes the experience completely negative.

I'll keep it for any further updates, but right now it's certainly not worth a purchase.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll keep an eye on this as it looks cool, do you actually get to watch the fight take place? Or is it just stats and things.