Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Substance Free (by Anton Karpushko) [Universal]

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/substance-free/id793945277?mt=8

Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

How do you always find the awesome twitch games?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I realise a lot of people will be put off by the AppStore "description" and the rather unfortunate name but it's actually not too shabby.

It's a twitch avoidance game with the usual dodge enemies, collect pickups gameplay but its' twist is quite nice; there are circles on the screen that you can pass through that activate special abilities like missiles and shields. A little like Tilt to Live but with static power-ups.

Quite a nice soundtrack and visual style, slightly awkward controls but at least not tilting. It's worth trying a lot more than the AppInfo might lead you to believe and there's an Unlock IAP, which is always a nice thing to see.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Haha, not sure this is quite up there with the greats but it's definitely too good to go ignored. I'm just lucky with my timing I think - or I'm more obsessive than most with checking the AppStore!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Is there a full Version with gc?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Is there a full Version with gc?
Not as far as I can see. I also can't find how to purchase the unlock from this version which leads me to think there'll be a seperate full version soon. Sorry for that, was thrown by the weird way to sell the game!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

This game is a lot of fun. Nice minimalist style and the "zone=power up" adds some strategy and depth

Actually if any of you are interested, there's a cool PC indie releasing this year that's similar. Dfferent zones give you different attributes, and you can create and reshape the arena while playing.
Myriad

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Not as far as I can see. I also can't find how to purchase the unlock from this version which leads me to think there'll be a seperate full version soon. Sorry for that, was thrown by the weird way to sell the game!
Yeah that's strange there are no unlocks. Game seems to be a little buggy too, but it sure does have some potential if they polish it.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:03 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Whenever I see a thread posted by Pete I know it's gonna be summat I'll love. Dunno how I've missed this thread til now, I check new posts on the app at least once an hour (I've nothing better to do lol) but I'll def be giving this a try.

I've been stalking your post history today Pete, you posted about a game yesterday and I was gonna buy it today but,,, I can't remember what it was called or what it was about, thought I'd wish listed it but I mustn't have.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Whenever I see a thread posted by Pete I know it's gonna be summat I'll love. Dunno how I've missed this thread til now, I check new posts on the app at least once an hour (I've nothing better to do lol) but I'll def be giving this a try.

I've been stalking your post history today Pete, you posted about a game yesterday and I was gonna buy it today but,,, I can't remember what it was called or what it was about, thought I'd wish listed it but I mustn't have.
Ha, cheers!

I honestly only find things before others because I'm borderline OCD about checking the appstore. Trying to think what game it might be that you are looking for, I gather that if you wishlisted it that it was a paid app so these are the apps I've posted recently that aren't free:

Doodle Kingdom, Front Wars, Tree Wars, Atomic Fusion (IAP Unlock), One Button Sports, Grandpa and the Zombies, Foxtrot!, Harry Likes Plums (iPhone), Blokus (rerelease), DayD Tower Rush, The Dead Hop, Hypership Still Out of Control, Neon Beat.

There are a few others, but I can only organise them by most recently posted on so they're a little jumbled. If I had to guess, I'd say the IAP for Atomic Fusion or maybe Neon Beat as they're the most twitchy games.
Have definitely noticed that I post far too much haha