Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Orion's Gold - Releasing early 2014

Roundabouts a year ago, during the Global Game Jam 2013, I came up with this idea for a game that involved the management of resources - but not in the typical way.

Set in space, Orion's Gold tries to show what it'd be like to mine precious metals from outer space. You'll need to guide your miners towards appropriate locations, so that they can mine gold.. without harming the mother ship.

It's a little hard to describe what this game is like, when I haven't seen anything else like it. The closest I can think of is - what would it feel like if you were trying to get a see-saw to stay stationary, but instead of two ends... there's four!

If this game reminds you of anything, let me know in the comments! For now, here's a glimpse. Mine on!

Youtube link | Pop Up

For more screens, check us out at: http://digikhel.com/games/orions-gold/

Last edited by digikhel; 01-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: added info regarding website
Old 02-16-2014, 04:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just submitted the app for review yesterday, hoping for a no-issues-go-ahead message the first time around...
Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to kinshuksunil Send a message via Skype™ to kinshuksunil

All the best! *Fingers crossed*
Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Approved by the Appstore admins!

We are now green and ready to go! There are a few promo codes I've got, they're just jostling around in my pockets waiting to get to someone's iPad.

Anyone curious to check this out? Let me know!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm curious. Would love a code.
Thank you.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hey Lavender, sent it to you via priv msg! Hope you like it, tell me what you think!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Got a code for early access, thanks Digikhel Here are my thoughts after the first few goes:

Have to say I agree with how its described in the OP, its quite difficult to describe what you need to do! Basically you have to mine resource from four Asteroids, which can be hot or cold, without over or under heating the main ship in the middle. You can mine resource from (I think) all four positions at once, but their may not be an asteroid at each position. The resource you mine from the asteroid can be used to purchase upgrades such as; heat protection, mine faster, transfer between asteroids etc... There are also achievement to level up, such as; mine 3 asteroids, collect x resource.

Its a very fast passed game, and typically my games have lasted around 1-3 minutes, as at that point the ship is either too hot or too cold, but I presume this will extend as you upgrade your ship.

There is a basic training to run through - which is advisable as the first couple of goes are a bit tricky, but once you know what to do it is easy to play.

One piece of feedback to the dev - I didn't grasp at first that to move the Miner's between the four points I just need to draw a line from where they are now to where I want them to go, I though I needed to rotate the small turret like bit. I think it was the use of the word 'Rotate' in the tutorial, it is better described in the Help section.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks Mess! Finally! I have another person who agrees with me that this game is hard to describe! :P

But that's actually pretty good for a description, I should consider using that as an alternate if my hand waving and eyeball-widening dont work first.

That feedback about the 'rotate' bit is something to ponder over, I didn't consider that could confuse a player. Will look into it for the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Tx for the code. Been playing for a while, and my thoughts are: Quite original. And you get upgrades soon, which I like. In the tutorial, it wasn't made clear, why it is important whether it is a cold world or a hot one. I think, it is to adjust ship temperature in your favor. Alas, when things become hectical, I just try to keep up with the timers and not, which asteroids better to connect first. Perhaps I just need some more practise And, the alarm sound (aank-aank-aank) grates on my nerves a bit, something less aggressive would be better, because you hear it quite often. Perhaps only the last seconds before game over I would use that sound, before that something more subtle. Curious, whether later levels will introduce new elements, like more asteroids or enemies etc.

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 03-05-2014 at 06:33 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

That's right abstractgamefreak, the hot and cold asteroids are to help adjust the temperature in your favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
And, the alarm sound (aank-aank-aank) grates on my nerves a bit, something less aggressive would be better, because you hear it quite often. ... Curious, whether later levels will introduce new elements, like more asteroids or enemies etc.
LOL! I'm sorry, but picturing you getting annoyed at the sound is pretty funny. We'll look into that for the next update.. And, no, the later levels don't introduce new elements, though the quantity of ore to be mined and the time to do it in, will keep changing.

Space isn't very forgiving now, is it?