Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Man at Arms TD: Pocket Edition (By Inert Soap)

Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks really good and there is a 4 star review for it on 148apps. This is apparently the week of TD games, makes me happy. I'm going to pick up the iPad version for $4.99.

Edit: Appshopper says the iPad version has been available since Dec. 14, I don't know how I missed it.

Also worth noting that the level editor in the video is not in the pocket edition, you have to get the iPad version to get the level editor, personally that makes me feel a little better about spending more than twice the price for the iPad version.

Last edited by ojtitus; 01-23-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Looks interesting enough! Might have to give this one a shot
Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 PM

Not much of a TD guy but this one looks/sounds good
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 PM

Bought the IPad version after reading the review on 148 Apps, and so far it's an excellent TD game. The deck building element adds a lot of depth to the usual TD formula. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good defense game.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:04 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Looks like something I'd want to play. Though the animations don't look too smooth. Lately after playing Kingdom Rush, I feel like all the other TDs are lacking in smooth animation :\

Anyhow that's only judging from the video. I'm curious about the length and the amount of different types of units. The card idea sounds cool but that makes me think there should be a huge variety of different types of units, more so than other TDs. I hope anyone that has played it could answer these questions.

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 01-24-2014 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just judging from a few minutes of play, looks like KR. Same type of towers, barracks, archer, Mage, and artillery, but the card element adds more to it. As for animations, very similar to KR. Just remember, few minutes of play, need to head out now, lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Just judging from a few minutes of play, looks like KR. Same type of towers, barracks, archer, Mage, and artillery, but the card element adds more to it. As for animations, very similar to KR. Just remember, few minutes of play, need to head out now, lol.
Thanks for that! I'd love to be proven wrong (that means the game is good). I'm probably gonna take a dip later tonight but it'd be nice to hear impressions from forum members
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The unit variety is probably this games strongest suit as there are lots of different units to choose from as you get into the game you will get lots of different unit cards. There is a different card for each upgrade level of each unit type and there is variety even in the different levels of the same type of unit. I recently just got a new card from combining cards and I got level 2 barracks card that has an archer on top of the barracks, which is not the norm as barracks are melee towers and the first ones you'll get don't have archers on them. There is a lot variety even just in the cards such as the cost to deploy the tower, the amount the card costs to have in your deck, and the amount of damage the troops from the tower will do. Sorry I don't have more time to explain it all but I want to get it is kind of late here and I need to get to bed.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:09 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Thanks for that! I'd love to be proven wrong (that means the game is good). I'm probably gonna take a dip later tonight but it'd be nice to hear impressions from forum members
No problem, glad to assist. IMHO, it looks like KR.