Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 PM

Default [Soft-Launch] Little Raiders - (by Future Games of London) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 95.4 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 4s and up, iPad 2 and up.

Assemble a ragtag bunch of villagers and turn them into a fearsome band of warriors!

Little Raiders is an immense combat strategy game. Build your treetop village. House, feed, train and equip your men. Swell your ranks and take revenge on the evil Sheriff!

FEATURES
- Build your tree house village in a giant mystical tree, grow the tree taller to expand your settlement
- Unlock and build a broad variety of building types, each with their own unique function
- Rescue Villagers from the clutches of the enemy and unify them into your own forces
- Form raiding parties and do battle in a wide variety of mission types
- Rescue new Heroes to unlock new combat classes, each with their own fighting style
- Craft vital resources to keep your Raiders with full stomachs and solid weapons
- Develop your Raiders into powerful warriors with XP in combat and by crafting an extensive scope of weapons
- Do battle with a varied spectrum of enemy types, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
- Visit the trader to acquire rare weapons from distant lands or hire the services of travelling mercenaries
- Connect with your Facebook friends to compare the progress of their journey with your own
- Take on enemy bosses on your legendary conquest
- Real-time day and night cycles

Having any problems? Any suggestions? Please do send us your feedback!

You can reach us at http://www.futuregamesoflondon.com/support

Note: A network connection is required to play
iPhone Screenshots

Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-23-2014, 07:02 PM

Just started playing this one. So far I'm liking it.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 PM
In Time-Out
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

aaaand another game I like the look of, but can't play because it's freemium. Meh
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Not sure about the freemium model but think I'm breaking out the NZ account to try this out.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
aaaand another game I like the look of, but can't play because it's freemium. Meh
Mate, I have to say you are on a losing battle! Paid apps are dead in terms of number of downloads these days so this is the only way it's going to go. You are going to miss out on a hell of a lot of games if you don't ever want to budge from your stance. I totally know where you are coming from but surely for your hobby, if you can enjoy a game, it's worth putting a bit of cash in?

And hey it's free to try and get a feel for if it fits with what you deem reasonable for the amount of entertainment you might get from it. In this case it can't be as bad a sink as one of those lame MMO's so you should be OK
Old 01-23-2014, 10:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Mate, I have to say you are on a losing battle! Paid apps are dead in terms of number of downloads these days so this is the only way it's going to go. You are going to miss out on a hell of a lot of games if you don't ever want to budge from your stance. I totally know where you are coming from but surely for your hobby, if you can enjoy a game, it's worth putting a bit of cash in?

And hey it's free to try and get a feel for if it fits with what you deem reasonable for the amount of entertainment you might get from it. In this case it can't be as bad a sink as one of those lame MMO's so you should be OK
Very reasonable comment to Mene here. I agree with you.

I also respect Mene for keeping such a strong stance against Free games. Though I'm not exactly sure what he's cutting off (Glyph Quest is free to try but $1.99 to unlock the full game). I just hope premium games are NOT becoming dead. I'd like to think as iOS gaming becomes more mainstream, consumers will become tired of the freemium model that made King and Supercell filthy rich.

There are still plenty of premium games that come out, and some that seem to use this free to try model that Glyph Quest and others use.

I personally am down to try a free game because if it sucks or is unreasonable, it's gone.

That said, my NZ account is getting some use tonight...

Last edited by ScotDamn; 01-24-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post

i disagree , and i will keep ignoring freemium games and buying premium to be part of this uphill battle

with games like oceanhorn / battle supremacy / sky gamblers / Scallywags / coloursheeps / Pinwar / kinghunt / Tinywing HD / Deus Ex / Kingdom rush / castle raid 2 /
and all the games from forsaken media with cross platform mutiplayer & icloud save synchronize of IOS +OSX , i dont think freemium is the only way out
Old 01-24-2014, 02:35 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I am loving this game!
The art is great. Loving the tactical element of the raids. Really fun so far! Earning plenty of currency just by playing.

I don't understand the hate for free games. If it is done right, what's the problem? Tiny Tower for example.
If you don't like it just delete it. If you do like it , throw the dev's some cash so they can feed their kids. There are many "premium" games that are garbage, yet you had to pay for them. There are many freemium games that are just cash grabs, just delete them.
In the end, it is less about the payment model and more about the developers. I support good developers, and that includes many point on the spectrum between free and paid.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 AM

This looks great, hope it releases in Europe soon.