★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 50% OFF - Magnetrox at 0.99 - one week sale

08-11-2009, 06:09 AM
50% OFF - Magnetrox at 0.99 - one week sale

Hi!

Some people requested it and we heard you!

Special one week sale - 50% OFF

Ends 18th Aug. - More levels next month, for free, for everyone!

FULL - MAGNETROX - $0.99 / 0.79 / 0.59GBP - 50% DISCOUNT

Here is the trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And a gameplay demo:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Official website is www.spawnstudios.com/magnetrox

Official twitter page is www.twitter.com/magnetrox

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

Diogo.
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Bonza!

Pick this one up, puzzle fans!

I don't know what this genre is called, but I've played a number of this style of game on my iPod Touch, and this one is easily the best.

The excellent graphics and animation and genuine trickiness (switches, I'm looking at you) make this one a winner, especially for $0.99.

And the developer DiogoP has been active here on Touch Arcade, which is always a bonus. And more levels are on the way!

BTW: does anybody know what this type of game is commonly called? I've always internally thought "Ricochet Robots" game since that is the first game I played with these mechanics (piece moves until it hits something, navigate to the goal)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
This game is very fun. Buy it
08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
Buy it
Do this. Well worth the money.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys!

@drelbs

Well, I don't really know the best description for it but for those who know Ricochet Robots it probably is a good approximation.. Anyway, you can always watch the trailer or the gameplay video!
08-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Nice Trailer, it looks like it was well put together. That and the gameplay video explain what the game is all about quite well.

And new levels should satisfy more people.

Im just wondering about how many new levels there will be and their level of difficulty?
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
@PureSkill

I can't tell for sure how many levels we will add but something between 6 and 10, hopefully closer to 10

We won't add very difficult levels. The majority will be of easy or medium difficulty since some people have complained about that.

It would be nice to hear what people who played the game have to say about that.
08-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogoP View Post
@PureSkill

I can't tell for sure how many levels we will add but something between 6 and 10, hopefully closer to 10

We won't add very difficult levels. The majority will be of easy or medium difficulty since some people have complained about that.

It would be nice to hear what people who played the game have to say about that.
This is good. I didn't want new levels that were too overly difficult.

I think that the levels now were quite good because you can solve them if you look closely enough and give it some thought.

I also thought that the level progression difficulty was fairly good too but I am assuming that the new levels will be levels 41 and up which might change the level progression difficulty after level 40.

So I am now wondering if the level progression difficulty has been given any thought yet or is it just something that really doesnt need to change?
08-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, this is a good questio, i'm not exactly sure right now how we will handle that

The levels we want to add have some cool "themes" and are not very difficult. they are some sort of special levels.. Maybe we'll "sneak" them in between the current levels. This way the progression will essencially be the same and the plyer can revisit the old levels and discover the new ones.. I need to think more on that..
08-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Stuck on level 8! It's driving me crazy.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ