★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Triangle Tutor: Oh my...

08-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Triangle Tutor: Oh my...

Quote:
Solve an infinite series of right or non-right triangles to take your trigonometry to a new level! Combines with Right Triangle Tutor to give you Law of Sines and Law of Cosines problems.

Features:
-Your choice of Right or non-Right Triangles.
-Your choice of working in Radians or Degrees.
-Built in calculator solves everything in one step, for example asin(4sin(55)/6) is a valid input.
-New Multi step Hint system can show you how to solve any Problem.
-When you have to solve a side or angle BEFORE you can solve the problem, it is indicated with an x or y. Calculating this intermediate side or angle will cause it to automatically show on the large triangle.

Good for Trigonometry students learning Law of Sines, Law of Cosines and regular right triangle ratios. Great for anyone studying for placement tests such as the SAT, ACT, or GRE.
Certainly not the game for me. I am more then happy to leave all this behind ages ago. But it should be good for anyone still learning these concepts. Now If only iPhone could multi-task. Could have been a perfect excuse for why you are spending so much time on iPhone these days. What.. I was just studying Mom. See

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-11-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Url link fixed.
08-11-2009, 06:47 AM
hmmmm this is a game

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Apple seems to classify it under Games.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
08-11-2009, 07:04 AM
It certainly is a game. Just not the kind I might ever play
08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
It certainly is a game. Just not the kind I might ever play
Graph-based and math-inspired games are a bit of a trend these days but yeah... its hard to imagine trigonomotry being fun for most people lol..

If this trend continues in this odd direction, who knows, maybe linear equations, and basic calculus would be in the App Store game section soon lol

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
08-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
If this trend continues in this odd direction, who knows, maybe linear equations, and basic calculus would be in the App Store game section soon lol
Heh. Who wouldn't want to play the Differential Equation "How Cold is My Coffee" Game?