Pyro Pursuit: A twitch, endless platformer

01-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Pyro Pursuit: A twitch, endless platformer - Testers needed

Iím happy to (finally) announce the official title for the new game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

First Trailer

You play the role as a fearless fireman (or woman), who is desperately trying to reach the top of a burning building. With the help of your firetruck armed with a ladder-firing cannon (obviously), you need to avoid flaming obstacles, jump from ledge to ledge, and save a few personal items along the way.

Pyro Pursuit is a twitch-based, puzzle-platformer that started out as a 48-hour game jam creation and turned into a full-fledged release. More details to come about release dates and platforms - but I am currently looking for beta testers for iOS and Android! If interested, feel free to drop me a PM or hit me up on Twitter.

Otherwise, here are a bunch of screenshots.

Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited by smugbit; 03-12-2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Looking for testers
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Another screenshot - this is the "death" animation (along with a dude's buttcrack).

01-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Cute. Looks like the first donkey kong.
01-27-2014, 04:17 AM
PM sent
01-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Cute. Looks like the first donkey kong.
Not sure if that's a compliment or not, but thanks.

The game was actually inspired by the cheesy "stacker" arcade/carnival game where you need to time the button press to line up blocks and get to the top.

The game jam prototype was made in about a day, I found it surprisingly fun, so I ended up spending the next six months polishing it.
01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smugbit View Post
Not sure if that's a compliment or not, but thanks.

The game was actually inspired by the cheesy "stacker" arcade/carnival game where you need to time the button press to line up blocks and get to the top.

The game jam prototype was made in about a day, I found it surprisingly fun, so I ended up spending the next six months polishing it.
It was. Good luck on your release.
01-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Just added a new mission system to the game - completing objectives level you up to unlock new rewards. I posted a Vine of the menus in action here.

Here's some new screenshots:

02-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Updated the original post with new info and art.

Looking for more testers for the next beta release. Email, PM, or tweet me. Getting good feedback from the current group - thanks again.

If it's any motivation, there's an unlockable character with a slick stache:

02-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Updated the title screen - running on an Android phone.