★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor - the secret...?

08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor - the secret...?

I just finished the new game "Spider" and, as far as I understood, there's some kind of secret to be found. Except for finding in around half the levels "Secret Zones" with creepy stuff inside, I didn't really find any secret. After going through one of the last levels which contained partly a dead man's body, not enough to terrify me as [[[[secret]]]] most dead stuff does (yh, vegetarian), it was enough to creep me out when I realised what it was (I tought initially it was some strange kind of furniture :\) and making me slightly unsure if I wanted indeed to find that secret.

Ok, enough non-sense talk Anyone discoveed that secret?

P.S. - Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor ftw, absolute must buy, the future Flight Control with actual fun gameplay, the game of which you're gonna see a lot of spin-offs in the next few months, you just have to buy it.

Last edited by Zincous; 08-14-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added [appinfo]
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I haven't finished the game yet, but:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=121

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
I've finished it twice on adventure mode and I've found all the secrets - but I still havent figured out how to open the final secret room.

What I've noted so far: SPOILER WARNING.

(highlight below)

1. In one room was a grandfather clock - the hands were on 8:55 until I jumped up to the top of the clock - and it clicked over to read 9:00.

2. In another room, pushing the red button on the ceiling makes the hands of a smaller clock glow for a short time. This clock also reads 9:00.

3. In the cellar with the stove - there are several switches on the pipes and one switch on the stove itself. I am not sure if there is an order that needs to be "switched" or not.

4. In the garden where the tombstone is the arrows that glow are Left, diagonal up-right, diagonal down-left, and then right. I have no idea what this indicated - but I am guessing its a pattern of movement?

5. The final room with the fireplace - jumping into the wheel that is mounted on the front of the fireplace clicks the wheel in, but it just pops back out - I have a feeling that something somewhere else must be done to get this final key to work.

6. Other random stuff : is there any significance to the photo on the wall in the final room (with the fireplace)? It looks like the same red vase on top, but from a different angle. Also, what do the two different diagram maps indicate? One has some question marks and arrows - the other one shows the wheel on the fireplace from different angles.

End Highlight.

Hope someone else finds this interesting.
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I finished the game the second time. Couldn't locate the secret room. Spoiler below, highlight to read.

I pushed the wheel in the final room a few times. I could hear little hammer hitting metal, but couldn't figure out how to open the thing.
Any clues would be appreciated.

Looks like the man in the chair commited suicide. Found pills in the hidden compartment. Hmm
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
nothing relevant to getting the secret room but heres my mystery theory.

im pretty sure the dude in the chair found his wife in a love affair with his brother. love notes n such around the property. killed his family then committed suicide. still no secret room for me either gah!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Interesting theory. (highlight to read)

That could well be the case. I didn't see any evidence of murder though. Perhaps she ran away? There is female clothing scattered about. May be she left in a hurry and the guy commited suicide from grief. Then again, there is a train ticket in one of the secret areas... unused one. Your theory is helped by a picture of 2 boys and a girl. Girl has her arm around one boy while the other one looks on with disapproval. Perhaps the rivalry started long time ago.
There are red ribbons that appear throughout the game. I wonder what they mean?
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Found the secret room

Well, I found the secret room today :-)

It was my 3rd playthrough, and I can say that (possible spoilers ahead, highlight to read!):

ALL THE INFO YOU NEED HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD!

CURIOUS ABOUT 9 O'CLOCK THOUGH. PERHAPS SOMETHING HAPPENS IF YOU PLAY THE GAME AT THAT TIME?

I am very happy, what a great game!
08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Can you tell us how you found the secret room?
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubecheat View Post
Well, I found the secret room today :-)

It was my 3rd playthrough, and I can say that (possible spoilers ahead, highlight to read!):

ALL THE INFO YOU NEED HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD!

CURIOUS ABOUT 9 O'CLOCK THOUGH. PERHAPS SOMETHING HAPPENS IF YOU PLAY THE GAME AT THAT TIME?

I am very happy, what a great game!
Im at the final room man, can you tell me how you oppened it?
08-13-2009, 05:46 PM
He is such a tease. I hope someone tells.

Please highlight to read:

That picture in the last room shows a wheel and a hammer. as you press the wheel something chimes. May be its the number of times you hit the darn wheel?
Those arrows on the tombstone may refer to the levers in the "heating room". When you push all of them a little tunnel opens up at the bottom of the heater. I am sure its just another "secret" though. Secrets you find just tell you the story of the family, they don't help with location of the secret room.

I hope more people come here to discuss the story/ secret room location.