★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Monster Battle Arena is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG. Catch, Train and Battle Monsters then trade them with your friends.

Monster Battle Arena highlights
MMORPG Gameplay, Chat to other players across the world.
An exciting storyline and world to explore.
More than 350 Monsters to Tame, Battle and Trade.
Monster Party of 6.
Hundreds of quests to embark on.

Storyline Introduction
You have just arrived at the Monster Battle Arena, the place all serious brawlers come to test their strength and catch some of the native monsters. Just remember you're not the only one!

Monster Development
Every time your Monster knocks out another Monster in battle it will gain some experience.
With enough experience a monster will grow levels which improves your stat points across Attack, Defence or Speed.
Some monsters will even mutate automatically when they reach a certain level.

PeteOzzy's comments:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/monster-battle-arena/id795568912?mt=8

01-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Is this online mp? Strange how you have to create accounts on a website.

01-29-2014, 01:10 AM
People need to stop making pokemon clones, thy fail everytime.
01-29-2014, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
People need to stop making pokemon clones, thy fail everytime.
What's bad about it so far in your opinion? It seems interesting and I was going to get it until I saw your comment.
01-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Morning,

I'm one of the developers, great to see the game listed here. The registration through the website is due to a bug in the register button within the game. We have requested an expedited review of the fixed version which has just been approved this morning. I'll post a small update when its approved and processing.

Cheers,
Kyro
01-29-2014, 07:42 PM
The update seems to be live now!
01-29-2014, 08:09 PM
I'd like to buy but would like some imps or a video or something first. Thank you!
01-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgainsbrugh View Post
I'd like to buy but would like some imps or a video or something first. Thank you!
I'll TOFTT on this one. I'm pretty sure I'll regret it; but I want to give back to the community. So here goes. Be back with impression soon.
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Huzzah paper Monkey! Good on you! Let us know what u find. I'll be the in line to TOFTT.
01-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgainsbrugh View Post
Huzzah paper Monkey! Good on you! Let us know what u find. I'll be the in line to TOFTT.
Don't. The controls in this game are horrendous, the graphics are nowhere near as good as the seem in the screenshots either. When you first open the game, it takes about 10 minutes to download a meager 9 MB of game data. Makes me feel as if the game was secretly grabbing info from my phone perhaps... It then asks you to register, for seemingly no reason. You then pick your "monster", that looks like it was drawn by a 6 year old Pokemon fan. The game is just twitchy with the controls, which seem to work when they feel like it. There is a "run" button which is really just a "walk faster" button, and it cannot be pressed if you are already moving, so you need to stop in place in order to activate it. The game gives you zero instructions as to what you should do, and you cannot chat with other players unless you give an email address. I don't know how they got those screenshots of the different towns, as you appear on a tiny island with just one patch of "battle grass" and there seems to be no way off or through it to get elsewhere. Due to the lack of instruction, players will find themselves completely lost. This game is not worth 2 bucks, I would not even be willing to spend 99 cents. Your welcome for saving you all some coin for a better game! ;P

/Quickly thrown together review

PS In fact, none of those screenshots are where you are placed in the game.