App description: PLEASE NOTE: Requires at least an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod touch (5th gen) or newer.

TRAMBO is an action packed minimalistic platformer with unique and simple gameplay mechanics.

We got rid of clumsy virtual joysticks by designing enjoyable invisible controls! The game also has quirky retro aesthetics that send those warm 8-bit vibes to players around the globe.

"Trambo is a platforming game without a 'jump' button. It's about shaving fractions of a second off your time to make sure the wall of black death doesn't consume you. And it's quite good." - Pocket Gamer (PG UK and France gave Trambo a silver award)

"If you're a fan of challenging, retro-like platformers at all, then you will want to give Trambo a try for yourself." - AppAdvice

"This minimalistic platformer contains twenty levels with so much style and so many ideas it turns into a game that is impossible not to recommend." - IGN Italy

"There are some segments that require pinpoint accuracy, and provide a legitimate sense of accomplishment when you clear them. Some of the better levels also feature a labyrinthine type of design intended to trick you into dark corners and dead ends, and it's at this point where the game really shines." - TouchArcade

"Trambo is the black metal of low-fi trial platformers." - 148Apps

TRAMBO features:
-Intuitive invisible controls.
-25 handcrafted levels.
-Two arcade levels with Game Center highscores.
-Fiendish level design with clever traps and challenges.
-Heart-throbbing boss battles!

Thank you for playing!

#trambo
01-29-2014, 08:01 AM

01-29-2014, 08:06 AM
This looks great, but worried by these new controls ? I'm fine with the 'clumsy virtual joysticks' , have about 60 platformers and most control the same.

I mean theres left/right/jump ? I 'hope' the zones for left/right are on the left hand side and you press anywhere on the right to jump ?

If the dev/Sanuku or anyone can let me know that'll be great. Love the retro graphics, just hope it controls well
01-29-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm interested
01-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
This looks great, but worried by these new controls ? I'm fine with the 'clumsy virtual joysticks' , have about 60 platformers and most control the same.

I mean theres left/right/jump ? I 'hope' the zones for left/right are on the left hand side and you press anywhere on the right to jump ?

If the dev/Sanuku or anyone can let me know that'll be great. Love the retro graphics, just hope it controls well
Hi there guys, developer of the game here. Thanks for the interest!

This whole game started when I put together a prototype where I tried to make a platformer with super simple controls that would be a perfect fit for touchscreens.

The controls really ARE that simple - you touch and hold right side of the screen to move right and vice versa. The catch comes from the game and level design: jumping is automatic, you just have to find the right spots to do it.

That being said, level design was our greatest challenge. Hopefully we managed to do it right! It really plays quite smoothly, IMHO. Hopefully you decide to try it yourself!

There's more levels coming later this spring, as free updates.

Also, Pocketgamer already tried Trambo and they seemed to like it! http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=56969

Last edited by robotegames; 01-29-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Ninja edit: Forgot to add a link!
01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Like the concept of invisible controls, is there joystick too?
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Like the concept of invisible controls, is there joystick too?
Nope, at least at the launch version. Our tests indicate the invisible controls are pretty intuitive, easy and fit the game well... but, if players seem to want visual controls as an option, we'll look into it!
01-29-2014, 03:24 PM
This will be my first purchase of 2014. Properly looking forward to it.
01-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
This will be my first purchase of 2014. Properly looking forward to it.
Wow, thank you! Much appreciated.
01-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Just played for a little while this morning. Beautiful. 8-bit feel to graphics but superb up to date gameplay. Music fits perfect too.
I know some of the older generation won't like me asking but it isn't Game Center integrated and I know tonight when I show my eldest he'll play it, and then ask, 'is there game centre?' Kids love game centre and who am I to lecture. Honestly, great game though and could only be made better by adding MFi Controller compatibility.