★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Splatform $1.99 -> $0.99 this weekend

01-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Super Splatform $1.99 -> $0.99 this weekend

Our challenging precision platformer is on sale for 99 cents this weekend:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/super-splatform/id752768885

Rated 4.5 by Touch Arcade!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Also, listen to the soundtrack on Bandcamp: https://p1xlgames.bandcamp.com

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minimę (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)
01-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Loved this game,well worth the full price and a total bargain at this one.

01-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Was already worth getting at full price so this is a no brainer for $0.99
Quote:
Despite my love for precision platformers, I didn't decide to check out Super Splatform until days after its release. The retro aesthetic and trailer hadn't exactly sold me on the game, but the positive impressions and active developer on the forums convinced me to give the game a try. And I'm glad I did.

Gameplay wise, Super Splatform is most reminiscent of the well-received IOS game Bean's Quest. Like in that game, your little sphere bounces constantly; it's up to you to move left and right, onto platforms and over gaps. But Super Splatform's ace up its sleeve is its difficulty. This game is very much about precision. Sure you can bounce around the levels, not caring about getting medals for reaching the end in less jumps, but the real thrill comes in learning the levels, learning the limits of your jumping, and then chipping away jumps. While the early levels simply challenge you with larger gaps and distant platforms, soon you'll be switching gravity and timing jumps over bursts of wind. The game's fifty levels are divided into five themes, each with their own look and obstacles. Levels also contain a gold coin to find and a rainbow coin to collect after achieving the gold medal that's even harder to reach.

But that's not all. Super Splatform offers more than its hefty campaign. There's all a Doodle Jump-esque Infinite Mode, which tasks you with getting as high as you can. Along with that mode, you can also play the original Splatform as well, which was first released in 2002 on the Commodore 64.
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys, as I joked in the other thread, we appreciate you full-pricers twice as much

I thought the price change had already gone through, but looks like it's taking a while to change in the store. Hang tight if you're not seeing the price drop yet, should come through soon.

01-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Okay, looks like the price change has now taken effect.

01-31-2014, 06:09 PM
I had to grab this from all the good things I have heard.
01-31-2014, 06:14 PM
Ooh, great time to purchase this "wish list" game. Had this in my sights since release.
01-31-2014, 06:18 PM
Totally worth getting guys. Easy to keep on your phone at just 5.5MB installed. I got it because it reminded me of Guild Wars 2's Super Adventure Box bouncing around springpads to perfection. This is actually pretty hardcore despite the rainbows and clouds.
01-31-2014, 10:19 PM

02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Bargain at full price. One of the best games I had played in a very long time. Actually bothered to 100% it! which shows it's greatness as I hadn't felt the desire to completely finish a game in a very, very long time. (By finish I mean 100% finish! I often complete all levels! but rarely go back to 3 star everything or whatever.)

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave