★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

-Thoughts about TA-

01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 1,592
-Thoughts about TA-

-I feel that this site has been very helpful with free promos and ios game releases. It has become prt of my daily life I admit, as I check it every now and then. This thread is for users to speak their mind about TA and no opinion is wrong-
02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
* I think the sight is awesome, overall, but only because of the users. I come here daily...

* I also think the mods can let power go to their heads and are a bit ban happy. I've seen so many instances when a comment or user is deleted for having an opinion.

*it seems that articles and reviews can be bought.
Time and time again the game that is advertising on TA gets game of the week, even when very few people think it deserve it.

*The app is very Very VERY buggy.

* The TA writers need more class. Every article has typos, and they release articles promoting people downloading freebies intended for kick starter backers. I've seen them do that with Republique's IAP (which was $1 instead of $15 - meant for KS backers only) and also for fist of awesome (which was free for KS backers).
That isn't right. It hurts indie devs.

Ok.

End rant.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-01-2014 at 07:24 PM.

02-01-2014, 11:52 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 1,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
* I think the sight is awesome, overall, but only because of the users. I come here daily...

* I also think the mods can let power go to their heads and are a bit ban happy. I've seen so many instances when a comment or user is deleted for having an opinion.

*it seems that articles and reviews can be bought.
Time and time again the game that is advertising on TA gets game of the week, even when very few people think it deserve it.

*The app is very Very VERY buggy.

* The TA writers need more class. Every article has typos, and they release articles promoting people downloading freebies intended for kick starter backers. I've seen them do that with Republique's IAP (which was $1 instead of $15 - meant for KS backers only) and also for fist of awesome (which was free for KS backers).
That isn't right. It hurts indie devs.

Ok.

End rant.
I wouldn't lie when I say that most of us TA users agree with everything so said .
02-02-2014, 08:59 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,346
I'm sensing this thread could become trouble later on.
.....just my opinion.
02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I'm sensing this thread could become trouble later on.
.....just my opinion.
I think it's a great thing.
Why shouldn't we be able to voice our honest opinion about a forum we come to regularly?
It only helps to promote conversation and possibly even bettering our Mobile Gaming iHome.
02-02-2014, 10:05 AM
#6
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I'm sensing this thread could become trouble later on.
.....just my opinion.
Why would there be trouble? Anyone gets into trouble for having an opinion then it totally proves lazer kats point.

Personally I enjoy coming here, I use the app several times a day, ithas it's problems and could be improved, I'd like to be able to delete pms within the app instead of logging into a browser.

I lurked for a very long time when I first found this site, (I was not a code nabbing lurker though lol) I was worried that I wouldn't be taken seriously with being female, I actually considered pretending to be a dude, but then thought why should I? On the whole everyone has been welcoming and there are a a few people on here who I'd class as friends and would probably keep in touch with if I ever left TA. It's the way if the world that sometimes people won't get along, I'm sure there are members who I annoy or irritate but that's life.

Sure, it has it's bad points, but overall I get a lot more good from this site than bad.
02-02-2014, 10:13 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 361
I use it to read the forums and such but I did not know there was an app.
02-02-2014, 04:14 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larni View Post
I use it to read the forums and such but I did not know there was an app.
I use the app mostly, but it has so many bugs. Too many to name.
Overall I prefer it to safari when on my iPad.
02-02-2014, 05:02 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
I use the app mostly, but it has so many bugs. Too many to name.
Overall I prefer it to safari when on my iPad.
If there are bugs, let us know. If you keep them to yourself, they won't get fixed.

There aren't that many glaring iOS bugs that we're aware of. There was a jailbroken-related bug that we never tracked down. And there was a weird landscape/portrait menu bar issue that I'm not sure got fixed.

There are probably more forum issues which are on the web-side, we can improve on.

arn

Last edited by arn; 02-02-2014 at 05:07 PM.
02-02-2014, 05:03 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Personally I enjoy coming here, I use the app several times a day, ithas it's problems and could be improved, I'd like to be able to delete pms within the app instead of logging into a browser.
Don't consider that a bug, just a missing feature.

arn