★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Gene is really awesome and provides gamers with a lot of game-time" 5 stars - appcomrade.com

"Refreshing", "Well designed", "Smooth gameplay" - 148apps.com

Gene is a space themed platformer where you play the alien Gene, a squishy mutant who must RUN, JUMP and BLAST his way across levels to collect coins, find gems and repair his ship.

Gene must collect genetic mutations along the way. Each mutation offers a different skill identified through his colour changing outfits. Part of the challenge is in knowing the right mutation for a specific job. You must frequently change between them during the levels to find your way through.

Features

* 15 Massive levels
* Horizontal and vertical levels above ground and through caves
* 6 Mutations/skills to collect
* Earn high score 3 stars by fully completing a level
* Lots of replay value through free play
* Responsive, intuitive and easy to use controls
* Awesome sound track and SFX
* Fully customisable controls for left or right handed players
* Help features
* Collect coins
* Hit checkpoints
* Find up to 20 ship parts
* And 160 gems to unearth.
* Choose from 6 languages, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian

www.genethegame.com
www.vital-games.co.uk
www.facebook.com/vitalgamesuk
02-01-2014, 05:16 PM
I saw this on Slide DB a week ago. Though it's a new game, it reminds
me of....can't remember the name. Maybe i was dreaming, don't know.
My bankroll is too short 'cos i forgot to refill. Can't wait to try this out.

02-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Would like to play, but it doesn't look like it's worth a dice roll - not a $5 gamble anyway.
02-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Price just dropped, it's 1.49 now, will pick it up later today.
02-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Price just dropped, it's 1.49 now, will pick it up later today.
Let me know what you think, the price and oddly long and generic title were the only things putting me off!
02-03-2014, 08:08 AM
I will do, but I get kind of nervous when people ask me in case I love it but then they hate it, feel guilty for getting someone to spend money haha.

I've bought it but won't get chance to play til about an hour.
02-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I will do, but I get kind of nervous when people ask me in case I love it but then they hate it, feel guilty for getting someone to spend money haha.

I've bought it but won't get chance to play til about an hour.
No worries, I'm so easy when it comes to games that I rarely dislike anything but I know what you mean. I'd probably pick this up regardless so don't feel pressured! Cheers matey.
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
No worries, I'm so easy when it comes to games that I rarely dislike anything but I know what you mean. I'd probably pick this up regardless so don't feel pressured! Cheers matey.
So far I've only played one level, enjoying it, the levels are big and there's a ton of nooks and crannys to explore. You collect things that allow the alien to mutate and change colour, each colour has a different ability and some areas in the levels can only be accessed by certain colours, I missed a few areas in level 1 but I'm not sure as to if it because I missed parts to due the many routes to take or because you have to collect mutations in further levels and then come back. Controls work well. Seems like a lot of content for the current price.
02-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Would like to play, but it doesn't look like it's worth a dice roll - not a $5 gamble anyway.
Wow, price dropped that fast? I will wait for it to turn free then.
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I have a rule where I don't pay for games with long titles that are made to include search terms.

It's always a bad sign.