App description: Merchants of the Sky is a colony-building game, set in a fantasy world of floating islands where airships and trains are the dominant modes of transportation. Build your very own colonies, set up successful trade routes and keep your citizens happy; all within a true supply and demand economic system. Merchants is a combination of colony-building, exploration and economic management. Set-up your rail networks, extract resources, build supply chains to create new products, research new technologies, explore new islands, found new colonies and watch your empire grow.

Features include:
-Randomized world generator, it's a different experience every game
-22 types of raw materials and products to sell
-29 building types
-40 technologies you can research
-4 different victory conditions: Economic,Technological,Utopia, and Empire
02-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Is it good?

02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Interesting...
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I can't find a video of the gameplay. Their site describes it as "Sim City meets Transport Tycoon meets Anno 1404"
I bought it due to the look and rampant curiosity.
I guess I just can get my $ back if it's a turd.

EDIT:
Buy it!
Really good resource management game. It can be a little daunting at first but I wanted to play a quick game to get a feel for it and just lost an hour.

Last edited by Gamer1st; 02-03-2014 at 09:16 AM.
02-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Very interested now! I wrote it off as I'm weirdly picky when it comes to this genre. I loved Transport Tycoon and the fantasy setting this one has suits me fine
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Looks very interesting.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Really wish this would be available on iPhone. This looks great!
02-06-2014, 12:09 AM
I bought the game and would like to share my impressions :

* The game runs smooth on an iPad Air, no crashes or whatever.
* I did not find IAP yet.
* The graphics have their very own style, a bit over the top zoomed in toys. You get used to it, but I prefer slightly more realistic buildings.
* Gameplay is reminiscent of Transport Tycoon, but I'd say entry-level. Apart from research where you choose a category that levels up (more cargo, faster trains, more products), you just build stuff.
* There could me more integrated help to give you an idea where you should be going with your little community.
* Overall I like the game because what it does very well is bring back that classic 'Settlers II' feeling of calmly looking down on your village where people (in this case trains) are hustling and bustling but at a very set pace.

Great little time waster, no instant classic, but if a light transport tycoon-esque game is your thing, don't hesitate snapping this up, even at the current price tag.
02-06-2014, 12:29 AM
I'll definitely get this but I'll have to wait till it goes down in price abit I just don't have $5 ATM.

P.S. Ask and you shall receive just a couple hours after posting this.
I can download now.

Last edited by jForsythe; 02-06-2014 at 09:19 AM.
02-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Says the item is being notified... I hope can catch this before heading home. My home network connection is horrendous.