★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

**The iPhone Hero**

08-12-2009, 06:50 AM
**The iPhone Hero**

I dont think this really worked in my last thread, but let me explain

every system has their mario, except for the iphone
if you could make a game, who would be a great character(s) to make the iphone stand out
explain your ideas:
plot
characters
gameplay
graphic style
etc

maybe we can convince some devs to make these games!!
08-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, I think enviro bear has taken the title of the iPhone's unofficial game mascot.
But I'd like to see a cow character. Cows are underrated these days.
I'd love to see maybe a platformer with some funky art style and you coluld play as a cow and use power ups like 'mad cow' and 'milk rage' to kill enemies.

Hakuna Matata

08-12-2009, 07:26 AM
There's already a thread that's sorta similar - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=iphone+mascot

I think for me it would be Rolando King. Rolando 1/2seems to be a popular game that is well liked by most. It's also made by ngmoco, a well known and prestigious developer.

10chars
08-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmo View Post
There's already a thread that's sorta similar - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=iphone+mascot

I think for me it would be Rolando King. Rolando 1/2seems to be a popular game that is well liked by most. It's also made by ngmoco, a well known and prestigious developer.
Yeah, but I don't think we can have an unoriginal mascot.
I love rolando, don't get me wrong, but it is a blatant rip off of Loco Roco.
Macsots on platforms are better being original characters, such as Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft etc.
You can't get a more original/amusing/friendly character than Enviro Bear - a bear that drives a car, lol.

Hakuna Matata
08-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to darchinst Send a message via Yahoo to darchinst
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yeah, but I don't think we can have an unoriginal mascot.
I love rolando, don't get me wrong, but it is a blatant rip off of Loco Roco.
Macsots on platforms are better being original characters, such as Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft etc.
You can't get a more original/amusing/friendly character than Enviro Bear - a bear that drives a car, lol.
enviro-bear could never be the official mascot, he's a joke. a funny and cheesy one, but still.

I think a sheep that walked like a person would be awesome and fitting at the same time. all the major games just need to come out with sheep bonuses (play as a sheep on minigore, enviro sheep, sheep skin on sway, sheep patient on amateur surgeon,) etc.

currently switching back & forth between: Infinity Blade, Kosmo Spin, Wispin, Sentinel 3, Pix'n Love Rush, Word Warrior, WordFu, Solipskier, Fruit Ninja, and some others..
08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
For me the iconic iPod touch character is the trash can in paper toss.
08-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darchinst View Post
enviro-bear could never be the official mascot, he's a joke. a funny and cheesy one, but still.
...you're high. Joke or not, Enviro-Bear is original and respected. The only problem with making him mascot is the fact the game was on PC before it got ported.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I like the fieldrunners helmet guy

best games ever: HARBOR MASTER, SQUAREBALL, and definitly ROGUE TOUCH!
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Send a message via MSN to darchinst Send a message via Yahoo to darchinst
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
...you're high. Joke or not, Enviro-Bear is original and respected. The only problem with making him mascot is the fact the game was on PC before it got ported.
original and respected, i agree. at the same time he would be the most badly drawn mascot ever attached to a device. no way, apple wouldn't let it happen and they shouldn't. look at the characters known for each system. enviro bear looks like a 3yr old drew him by comparison. i'm not bashing, i'm saying from a graphic design standpoint.

besides, point is moot. "ON PC BEFORE IT GOT PORTED." he's out of the running.

currently switching back & forth between: Infinity Blade, Kosmo Spin, Wispin, Sentinel 3, Pix'n Love Rush, Word Warrior, WordFu, Solipskier, Fruit Ninja, and some others..
08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darchinst View Post
original and respected, i agree. at the same time he would be the most badly drawn mascot ever attached to a device. no way, apple wouldn't let it happen and they shouldn't. look at the characters known for each system. enviro bear looks like a 3yr old drew him by comparison. i'm not bashing, i'm saying from a graphic design standpoint.

besides, point is moot. "ON PC BEFORE IT GOT PORTED." he's out of the running.
I still strongly disagree. It's an alternate art style. The creator of the game said it actually took him a surprising amount of effort getting the bad graphics to look that good. Many people love the style so I see no reason why it should be picked on for being different. If the game has perfect 3D modeling with particle effects and 4xFSAA it'd be horrible. The style of the design has nothing to do whatsoever with how much people like the mascot, as made obvious by the many Enviro-Bear fans there are around here.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ