Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Captain America: The Winter Soldier (by Gameloft)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=93985

Quote:
Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games, has teamed up with Marvel to announce the development of its upcoming smartphone and tablet title, Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game, based on the much-awaited Super Hero film coming this spring. As the official game of the film, Gameloft will bring an original blend of combat action and flexible tactical options for a complete Marvel experience that teases the upcoming movie.

"Marvel has been a longtime partner of ours, and we are once again happy to transform one of their blockbuster films into an immersive action game," said Karine Kaiser, VP Marketing & Licensing at Gameloft. "Players can expect a truly involved Captain America experience, with many characters from both the movie and the comics."

Fans will enjoy taking the role of Captain America and leading an elite team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in battle against famous Marvel villains involved in a sinister global plot. Complete with the ability to join clans in multiplayer mode and to compete for a higher position in leagues, gamers will enjoy hours of entertainment in a unique comic-book-style world. An original story inspired by the film, cowritten by Marvel, provides a gripping narrative for the game.

"We are happy to expand around the Captain America: The Winter Soldier film with this game, which truly complements the global experience we are aiming to offer," said Javon Frazier, Vice President, Games Marketing at Marvel Entertainment.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is scheduled for release on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android in late March. The upcoming film is coming to theatres on March 26(th) in certain Europe countries and on April 4(th) in the United States.
YouTube: video

It looks interesting. Visually the cell-shading and the "POW", "BLAM" visual effects convey the feel of a comic book. It looks to be more in the vein of something like Spider-Man Total Mayhem than Thor The Dark World or Iron Man 3.
The trailer doesn't show much, but the fact that it mentions team-based missions suggests that characters like The Falcon or Black Widow might be making an appearance.

Last edited by TheMerc; 02-04-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

A video is worth a thousand words!! its always better to start a thread with a video when there's one available.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=93985

YouTube: video

It looks interesting. Visually the cell-shading and the "POW", "BLAM" visual effects convey the feel of a comic book. It looks to be more in the vein of something like Spider-Man Total Mayhem than Thor The Dark World or Iron Man 3.
The trailer doesn't show much, but the fact that it mentions team-based missions suggests that characters like The Falcon or Black Widow might be making an appearance.
Huh? It looks exactly like Thor....
Old 02-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Huh? It looks exactly like Thor....
Gameplay-wise yes, it does look like this game draws heavily from the gameplay style present in Thor The Dark World. Visually, however, they are very different: this game not only features cel-shaded graphics (not only on the enemy models but also on the environment), it also has visual cues of sound effects (the "POW" and "FWOOM" cues made famous by the 60's Batman TV show). Thor TDW, on the other hand, had none of these (which isn't to say it was a bad-looking game - on the contrary - but, in my opinion, the Captain America game is more resembling of a comic book than his Avenger counterpart's game).
Old 02-04-2014, 04:54 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
...but, in my opinion, the Captain America game is more resembling of a comic book than his Avenger counterpart's game).
True, but art style has nothing to do with the gameplay which is as you and Xatu said, is somehow just a reskin of Thor Dark World.

No surprise really, since this is from Gameloft. But i guess even if im a huge CapAm fan, i am going to skip this unless the general concensus is a go.

To be honest, i actually prefer the first CapAm game's Mirror's Edge formula over this one.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
True, but art style has nothing to do with the gameplay which is as you and Xatu said, is somehow just a reskin of Thor Dark World.

No surprise really, since this is from Gameloft. But i guess even if im a huge CapAm fan, i am going to skip this unless the general concensus is a go.

To be honest, i actually prefer the first CapAm game's Mirror's Edge formula over this one.
Not at all, I was just commenting on the visual aspect of this game.

Even though I really liked the Sentinel of Liberty game, I've got to admit that, after finishing it, I never really felt the need to play it again. On the other hand, I've been enjoying Thor TDW even after finishing the story mode (collecting stars and unlocking allies is weirdly addictive), so I'm actually quite looking forward to this game (if GL manage to fine-tune the free-to-play dynamics of TDW in this game, it'd be even better). Different strokes for different folks, right ?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Gameloft' games are getting weak and weaker why? i think they already lost some studios or members,i remember Gameloft was so big in various games for everyone but they gave their soul to the past...

sometimes i read about the power of smartphone games in the future on news but let be honest the industry is dead

Golden years of iOS games were between 2010 and 2012
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 8.x

It's funny, I expected gameloft Ryan to be leading the thread.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:39 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
Gameloft' games are getting weak and weaker why? i think they already lost some studios or members,i remember Gameloft was so big in various games for everyone but they gave their soul to the past...

sometimes i read about the power of smartphone games in the future on news but let be honest the industry is dead

Golden years of iOS games were between 2010 and 2012
You have to be kidding, right?

Almost 200 million downloads (as of January updated info) for Minion Rush.
Order and Chaos has had 18 updates, that's what you call supporting a game.
Asphalt 8 the highest rated reviewed iPhone and iPad game of 2013.
GT Racing 2, a true free to play racer that doesn't cripple you with iaps or repair timers like its competition.
MC5 probably the most anticipated game of the year.
Consistently updating their current range of games, adding content and fixing bugs, Asphalt 8 and Gangstar Vegas being appropriate examples of that.
Substantially stronger community interaction.
Actually taking player feedback on board and rebalance of games, Iron Man 3 representing best recent example of that.
180 million people worldwide played a gameloft game in January.

They didn't lose people either, they have multiple studios around the world with large teams working on a range of games that you haven't even heard about yet.

And that's just some examples. I could mention twenty more.

Gameloft has far from lost its way.
It's a better company now than it ever was and is far more focused in putting out excellent games and supporting them long term rather than just releasing, forgetting and on to the next.

They are doing everything better now.

Last edited by Rip73; 02-05-2014 at 01:48 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 03:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Yeah, with their pay2win system in every game, repetitive hack'n'slashes and same voice acting for MC5 they are doing great. Gameloft is focused on adding more and more effects on their games but not on polishing gameplay itself. From MC3 its almost the same game, batman had a great potential but it became repetitive as hell, and driving was just pure joke. Gangstar is just Gangstar, sh**ty as always. Sadly, they are still the biggest mobile games company, I hope that EA will make them try harder at doing mobile games.

They are doing great at making money, not games.