Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2014, 11:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Toad Rider - (by Elektron Games)

Hi All,

We're really excited to announce the release of Toad Rider for iPhone/iPad, a super intense and challenging game inspired by the classic Battletoads Turbo Tunnel level.

Toad Rider is currently available worldwide for FREE!

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/toad-rider/id782927953

Official Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

TouchAracde's post: 'Battletoads'-inspired 'Toad Rider' is Now Available in the App Store
http://toucharcade.com/2014/02/04/to...now-available/

Screenshots:

Game Overview:

Help Zody the Toad escape from a group of evil scientists in a far away lab. Your escape journey will be action-packed:

• Move swiftly with your hoverbike around tricky obstacles.
• Take down evil scientists before they shoot you!
• Dash into glass walls to survive.
• Perform cool, amazing stunts.
• Experience awesome dynamic lanes.
• Pimp your toad. Pimp your jet.
• Compete with your friends!

Last edited by ElektronGames; 04-15-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The horror.....
Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

I beta tested this one (sorry for the almost lack of my feedback, I thought you were doing a great job on your own) and I been playing it for some weeks now, almost every day, I been enjoying it a lot, and will keeping doing so for a long time.

Toad Rider is a fantastic endless runner that is a lot of fun to play. From the variety of moves that you can perform (some you can do at the same time, some gives points, which will have you doing them all the time, and it becomes really challenging and more fun that way), the different boss battles is one of the best parts, one of my favorites, as they are constant. Sometimes the thow you missiles, walls, fire, ... (from both directions, and changing over time, I also like those takedowns that occurs during some boss battles), the change in number of lanes (when it broadens is neat), the perfect learning curve, to the great art style and the catchy music, all those details make it a wonderful and fun experience. There is always something going on keeping you attention. And on your toes. A lot of nice touches indeed.

Replayability is huge, its an endless runner. It has missions, and a shop with some cool costumes, and upgrades. And it has a completely new unlockable world with completely new things when you reach 16x. Its a new game when that happens.

The game has IAP for coins and gems: Gems are used to revive and buy some costumes (two of them) and I havent encountered any in-game, but I know they are when you reach a good distance. Dont care will not use any to revive at all, but I think I should put it out there. I will save them to buy something sometime. And a new leaderboards for the no-gem people will be great. There are a lot of coins and soon you will have thousands of coins to buy things. They arent cheap but so far Im going for my desired skin (they arent really skins because some has advantages) at a good pace, and its 60,000 Im aiming for. Feels very fair in the coin department, while I was in beta and from the two days I been playing the new version looks unchanged).

I will buy the doubler, buying IAP makes my body freeze and takes time for me to do it, but I will buy it.

Damn I like this game so much. I hope you all do the same.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM

Well I was gonna post my extended thoughts from beta testing, but I saw Frosty's colossal post haha, and he pretty much nailed it all

But yeah, this game is awesome! Definitely one of my favorite endless runners in a while
Old 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

With the blessing of TheFrost and JCho133, sounds like I'll have a runner to check out tonight! Looks good!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Beta tester checking in. Absolutely love trick spamming and it's not your typical endless runner. It gets really hectic the deeper you go and that's where this game gets nice and brutal.

Here's my gameplay video with the final build (note: actual frame rate is faster than shown here):

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

0:33 First play
13:05 Menu exploration
14:21 Second play
23:28 Preview of Toad Land (unlockable)
24:48 Credits

Toad land is a refreshing theme you can unlock when you reach a multiplier of 16x.

Talking about currency, coins are plentiful and you'll quickly max out your skills. You can fund boosts every run thereafter. Gems are a rare drop (I got around 15 while beta testing) used mainly for extending your runs. Gem cost doubles per revive. There are some expensive shop items in gems but the gem jets will hardly affect your score (read:cosmetic) and the costume can be offset with dropping the cost in revives instead. It sure looks pimp though. :P

A big point for me is the dev is active in our forums so feedback is easy to pass along to them if you don't want to send mail.

Last edited by Echoen; 02-04-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Looks awesome. GC achievements too?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
No achievements (yet? Dunno) but there's a GC leaderboard.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the great feedback guys! glad you're enjoying it.

It is worth mentioning that the game runs at a much smoother frame rate than the captured videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
GC achievements are coming in the near future Currently there are GC leaderboards and facebook friends integration.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Great to hear achievements are coming