• Publisher: USM
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.5 (2)
App description: Aloha Mate! "Kahuna" takes you to the paradise islands of the South Pacific!

Two priests the wielders of Kahuna magic compete to determine which of them has greater powers. With a select group of 12 uninhabited islands, they use their magical powers to build bridges linking those islands to each other.

In Kahuna, rivals use cards strategically to place bridges between these islands or remove opponent's bridges. As soon as the majority of bridges are conquered around an island, Kahuna marker stones can be placed on that island. The player who holds the most Kahuna stones after a round will score points. Its all about clever placement of limited cards for maximum impact. Kahuna is easy to learn and a challenge to truly master!

- Easy rules based on the successful board game classic published in 1998
- Campaign mode for single players
- Turn-based multiplayer mode for two players
- Numerous Game Center achievements
- 12 AI opponents with different personalities and tactics provide varied challenges
- Artistically crafted cartoon design
- Available localizations: English, German, Dutch

Questions or suggestions for improvements:
How do you like the difficulty levels of the AI players?
Mail to ios@usm.de
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Please do not ask your questions in the reviews as we do not have the possibility to respond to you there.

For more information on news and updates: www.usmgames.com
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News

02-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I love board games and this is a pretty simple and easy to understand type game, so I'll pick this up tonight along with FF6.

02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
these guys are getting nothing from me until they fix catan. 😐
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Can't tell a thing by the screenshots. Guess it is a card game, so. I am out.
02-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can't tell a thing by the screenshots. Guess it is a card game, so. I am out.
You could always read the description which makes it clear what kind of game it is; it's the bit with words above the pretty pictures :P

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
02-05-2014, 03:19 PM
We played a lot of Kahuna back in the days. Nice little boardgame, can't wait to try it out online. This one and Threes will be my picks this week.

Now playing: Starships, BlastBall MAX, Auro, PvZ2, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Star Realms
Waiting for: Does not Commute, Love you to bits, Lumino City, Onirim
02-06-2014, 01:13 AM
The game is nice ... graphics and sounds are good ... I also like the gameplay ... but: You cannot select a AI player free, you have to play against every single AI player before the next can be selected ... and the even bigger negative point: No save option: If you leave a game then you have to start again ... so from my part only three out of five points ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
02-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Look great, waiting for US release.
02-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
We played a lot of Kahuna back in the days. Nice little boardgame, can't wait to try it out online. This one and Threes will be my picks this week.
I read your list of games. My GCID is griffin611. I am always ready for a game.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)