★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FlyLoops

08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]

This is the butterfly catching game that cracked the top 100 games a week or so ago. I have a detailed review awaiting approval, but I just wanted to say this falls in the "stupid-simple and possibly addictive" category. Cute butterflies flutter around, and you draw a circle around 2 or more of the same color. You get 1 minute per round to catch all but one (there is always a stray left for some reason), and more butterflies of more different colors gradually come out as you level up.

Thus far, my best is 35k, which is around round 10 or 11. The first few rounds dont take a full minute, so that is around 7-8 minutes of play, give or take. Seems to take around 40k to crack the daily top 100, and 60k to have a chance at the top. So I feel qualified to say that its a pretty decent line drawing game. Its cute enough, with attractive butterflies that flitter about fairly naturally in attractive backgrounds. Its an incredibly simple and clean concept.

There is somewhat of a disconnect between how cute it is and how hard it is. Some Itunes reviews think its too hard. Very quickly there are a huge number of different color butterflys, with many of them moving very quickly. Your kids may find it too hard, or the spouse that likes casual games. But I'm sure none on this forum would be turned off by a little difficulty...the early rounds are easy enough, and how long does one really want a casual game to last for?

There is something about FlyLoops that prevents me from giving it better then 4 out of 5 stars, but I am not 100% sure what it is. I think its the sensation after failing a level of "I'm not sure I can do that." The best games in this category (IMHO) leave you with the impression "Come on, I can do better then that." The difference impacts the addictiveness of the game.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Wrong forum

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
yea wrong forum, go to reviews

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Not sure I understand why. There are zero posts discussing this game at this point. This is the forum for discussing particular games, and I figured I'd start the discussion rolling with my impressions.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM