• Publisher: HIDEKI MATSUI
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.1 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Break 'em into pieces! PIECEMAKER is a shmup that you play to break the bunch of enemies with various sets of weapons. It looks retro, but it'll give you a new experience.

Slide your finger on the screen to control your symbol. It has a nice auto-targeting and auto-shooting.

Square enemy is broken into pieces under attack. It makes score depending on the size.

Sometimes orange or blue piece appears, orange piece gives you bonus, blue one changes your weapon.

Round enemy is unbreakable. A sort of weapon can defeat it, but it doesn't make score.
02-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Might not look like too much but it's a nice auto-targetting twitch avoidance shmup with a nice graphical style. Totally free, no IAPs just a banner ad in the pause screen and menu

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.

02-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Hideki Matsui played for the Yankees! I never knew he was designing apps. Maybe that's a common name in Japan...

175,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Add me on Game Center-Send a pm.
Tim Cook rocks.
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Looks interesting. Like the surreal feel.
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Hideki Matsui played for the Yankees! I never knew he was designing apps. Maybe that's a common name in Japan...
I came here to say this. One of the better known Japanese baseball player creates apps!
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by florhackson View Post
I came here to say this. One of the better known Japanese baseball player creates apps!
Oh, so it is the same name. Wouldn't it be funny if it was him?
02-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Yankees.. Pshh. Maybe next time we'll see Daisuke Matsuzaka
02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Loved the gameplay, but it feels more like a prototype than a real game. I would love to see that developed as a full game someday.
02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
The concept is interesting, but it could really use some sound effects.