Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Default Naval Tactics, new game from creators of Starbase Orion

Hey fellas! I'm back with an upcoming new game to let you know about.

Naval Tactics is an upcoming tactical board wargame for iOS 7; the same genre as Wooden Ship and Iron Men, Flying Colors, and the Close Action board/miniature games. Naval Tactics combines the best board game mechanics with the best video game mechanics for a unique naval combat experience. Of course, it will be backed by one of the best asynchronous turn-based server solutions (the same one running Starbase Orion). It will also have local practice vs AI and multiplayer Pass-and-Play support (no internet connection required).

Naval Tactics - Main Website

Naval Tactics - Forums

Youtube link | Pop Up

I know you love pre-release game play footage, so here are some replays from our closed beta testing. The game includes a built-in replay feature, so you can go back and watch any of your completed games. I added some extensive commentary, so be sure read the YouTube descriptions for a detailed accounting of the action!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

img_0176.jpgimg_0177.jpgimg_0178.jpgimg_0180.jpgimg_0182.jpgimg_0186.jpgimg_0188.jpgimg_0189.jpg

Quote:
Chimera Software Announces
Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main
Tactical Board Wargame for iOS 7
Available Spring 2014

(Atlanta, GA) February 3, 2014 – Chimera Software is thrilled to announce Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main, a fresh way to experience the tactical board wargame genre on iPhone, iPod, and iPad. A modern take inspired by old classics, this brand new adventure into turn-based naval combat will leave your tactical mind reeling.

“After spending three years on our hit 4X space strategy game Starbase Orion, I wanted to bring things back down to Earth for a while” said Rocco Bowling, founder of Chimera Software. “Naval Tactics is focused on tactical naval combat in the 1700′s. Ship battles in the Age of Sail are unique in their tactical complexity, where the use of wind for positioning and fleet formations are critical components to dominating your enemy. Combine this with savvy turn-based mechanics on a hex map, mix in some traditional board game mechanics and the final combination is a savory bite any strategy/tactical gamer will savor.”

* Built for iOS 7 - Asynchronous Games with GameCenter, Universal Binary, Retina Display
* Infamous Naval Battles - Position your ships and fire your cannons in glorious Age of Sail combat
* Board Game Mechanics - Hexagonal maps and turn-based gameplay keeps this game easy to learn, but hard to master
* Customizable Fleets - Customize your fleet before each mission by selecting from a variety of ships
* Captain Cards - Acts of valor and surprise await you by utilizing these unique cards
* Premiere PvP Experience - Simultaneous turns, asynchronous play, multiple matches, real-time chat, and more
* Balanced Engagements - Let your tactical genius shine in a variety of balanced game modes
* Built using the premier multiplayer experience that drives Starbase Orion, one of the best asynchronous turn-based systems available on iOS
* Practice vs AI - Play offline against the computer to sharpen up your skills
* Pass and Play - Play locally with your friends and family using a single device

To learn more about Naval Tactics, please visit:

http://www.chimerasw.com/navaltactics

ABOUT CHIMERA SOFTWARE
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Chimera Software is the independent publishing entity for Rocco Bowling (owner and founder). During the day Rocco is CTO for Small Planet Digital; at night he exercises his creativity by creating award winning games.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

WOW!! I absolutely LOVE Starbase Orion. It's one of the few strategy titles that I will ALWAYS keep on my device... and the support it received post-release has been, above and beyond anything I think anyone could have ever asked for. So hearing about a new game is very exciting. The trailer looks outstanding. I love the artwork and graphics and the gameplay looks pretty depthy. Can't wait to be able to grab this! =oD
Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Spring 2014? Where can I pre-order?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 PM

I'm happy to announce that Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main has passed Apple review and will be available to download from the App Store on May 14. Prime your muskets, buckle on your cutlass and join us to test your tactical skills on the high seas! Command tall ships from the quick and deadly "Bounty" Naval Cutter to the overpowering "Vanguard", a 3rd Rate Ship of the Line. Play against the AI, or take your skills online and climb the ranks to become the Admiral of the Fleet.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Great! Looking forward to that one!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:19 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

AT LAST!!!!

Was looking for this one, can't wait!!!!