Naval Tactics, new game from creators of Starbase Orion
Hey fellas! I'm back with an upcoming new game to let you know about.
Naval Tactics is an upcoming tactical board wargame for iOS 7; the same genre as Wooden Ship and Iron Men, Flying Colors, and the Close Action board/miniature games. Naval Tactics combines the best board game mechanics with the best video game mechanics for a unique naval combat experience. Of course, it will be backed by one of the best asynchronous turn-based server solutions (the same one running Starbase Orion). It will also have local practice vs AI and multiplayer Pass-and-Play support (no internet connection required).
I know you love pre-release game play footage, so here are some replays from our closed beta testing. The game includes a built-in replay feature, so you can go back and watch any of your completed games. I added some extensive commentary, so be sure read the YouTube descriptions for a detailed accounting of the action!
Chimera Software Announces
Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main
Tactical Board Wargame for iOS 7
Available Spring 2014
(Atlanta, GA) February 3, 2014 – Chimera Software is thrilled to announce Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main, a fresh way to experience the tactical board wargame genre on iPhone, iPod, and iPad. A modern take inspired by old classics, this brand new adventure into turn-based naval combat will leave your tactical mind reeling.
“After spending three years on our hit 4X space strategy game Starbase Orion, I wanted to bring things back down to Earth for a while” said Rocco Bowling, founder of Chimera Software. “Naval Tactics is focused on tactical naval combat in the 1700′s. Ship battles in the Age of Sail are unique in their tactical complexity, where the use of wind for positioning and fleet formations are critical components to dominating your enemy. Combine this with savvy turn-based mechanics on a hex map, mix in some traditional board game mechanics and the final combination is a savory bite any strategy/tactical gamer will savor.”
* Built for iOS 7 - Asynchronous Games with GameCenter, Universal Binary, Retina Display
* Infamous Naval Battles - Position your ships and fire your cannons in glorious Age of Sail combat
* Board Game Mechanics - Hexagonal maps and turn-based gameplay keeps this game easy to learn, but hard to master
* Customizable Fleets - Customize your fleet before each mission by selecting from a variety of ships
* Captain Cards - Acts of valor and surprise await you by utilizing these unique cards
* Premiere PvP Experience - Simultaneous turns, asynchronous play, multiple matches, real-time chat, and more
* Balanced Engagements - Let your tactical genius shine in a variety of balanced game modes
* Built using the premier multiplayer experience that drives Starbase Orion, one of the best asynchronous turn-based systems available on iOS
* Practice vs AI - Play offline against the computer to sharpen up your skills
* Pass and Play - Play locally with your friends and family using a single device
ABOUT CHIMERA SOFTWARE
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Chimera Software is the independent publishing entity for Rocco Bowling (owner and founder). During the day Rocco is CTO for Small Planet Digital; at night he exercises his creativity by creating award winning games.
WOW!! I absolutely LOVE Starbase Orion. It's one of the few strategy titles that I will ALWAYS keep on my device... and the support it received post-release has been, above and beyond anything I think anyone could have ever asked for. So hearing about a new game is very exciting. The trailer looks outstanding. I love the artwork and graphics and the gameplay looks pretty depthy. Can't wait to be able to grab this! =oD
"TouchArcade covers the latest games and apps for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch. We are the largest site dedicated to iPhone and iPod Touch gaming with nearly three quarters of a million unique visitors per month."
While we now accept iTunes Promotional Codes for games, we can't guarantee that your app will be reviewed or covered. Only one promotion code is required. Feel free to send promo codes to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the promo codes, notable app pre-announcements and preview copies are also of interest to our readers. Please feel free to contact us at the same email address about these opportunities.
Note: we rarely (if ever) solicit developers directly for promo codes. If you receive such an email, please contact us.
We have advertising opportunities available to iPhone and iPod Touch developers. If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome news releases, previews, screenshots and video links for existing or upcoming iPhone and iPod Games. We can't promise a personal reply but we do try to evaluate every title submitted. Please send press releases or general inquiries to email@example.com.