EvoCreo - A monster collection RPG
UPDATE: It has been a while since our last update. We are currently gearing up for the iOS release which should happen in the next couple weeks. We started a new Facebook page here that will cover all the EvoCreo iOS news. Sorry for the delays and thanks for your support!
UPDATE 2: We just finished up the review process with Apple and have set the release date to May 7th!
EvoCreo is a monster collection game that is Pokemon-esque. It is being developed for Android, iOS, OUYA, and PCs with a tentative May 2014 launch. The game takes place in the world of Zenith, a world populated with monsters called Creos. At the start of the game you find out that your father, a legendary Evoker, has been missing for days after investigating an organization called Shadow Hive. You travel the world looking for clues on the whereabouts of your father while also trying to live up to his legacy.
The game features:
- Wild Creos - Creos can be found in tall grass and roaming the world. There will be over 100 Creos that you can capture and train. You have the option to disable wild encounters.
- Loyalty - Loyalty effects Creo progression. A loyal Creo will level up to twice as fast. A Creo that is not loyal will level up a bit slower.
- Abilities - Abilities are out of battle effects that range from repelling and attracting certain types of Creos to traversal benefits such as flying, riding, gliding, etc.
- Puzzles/Mazes/Dungeons - There will be several dungeons, mazes and puzzles for you to explore.
- Cross Platform Multiplayer - Play with your friends no matter what device they use to play the game.
- Cross Platform Save - Cross platform saves allow you to start playing the game on your iPhone then continue later on your Android device, or any combination of devices that EvoCreo is available on.
- Creo Party - Travel with a party of 5 monsters that level up in a logarithmic amount of time. That means that after the first few levels, it should take the same amount of time to level up regardless of which level you are currently at.
- Conditions - Conditions are negative status effects on a Creo. Each Creo can be inflicted with up to three different conditions at any given time. Some conditions stack in duration while others in intensity. For example, the condition Chill can increase in duration. Using that move twice in a row will double the length of time that it is on the opposing Creo.
- Boons - Boons are positive effects on a Creo. Each Creo can have up to three different boons at any given time. Some boons stack in duration while others in intensity. For example, the boon Power can increase in intensity. Using that move twice in a row will apply a new boon Super Power which is more effective than Power.
- Tiered moves - Each Creo has 1 Elite, 3 Normal, and 1 Healing move.
- Rechargeable moves - Each move has a number of turns that it needs to recharge before being able to use another time. Elite moves have the longest recharge, but are the most powerful moves in the game. Normal moves have the lowest recharge, but are also the weakest moves. Healing moves have a recharge that is between both normal and elite moves.
- Re-learnable Moves - Previously learned moves can be retaught at any time outside of battle
- Traits - Traits are in battle effects that influence anything from damage to defense if certain criteria are met.
We plan to post gameplay and a few screenshots of the latest build of the game in the coming weeks.
We also started a new Kickstarter project to help us add animations to the game. The KS project also has some addition information on the game.
Also here are a few illustration of the Creos from the game:
Last edited by rioneye; 04-29-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Added screenshots