Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-09-2014, 03:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

This whole Flappy Bird phenomenon is just getting downright crazy.

Many, well pretty much everybody I know who's in the gaming industry would absolutely cry tears of joy if their game even managed to crack the top 100.

Here this guy gets #1 with a game that is explosively addicting and has some of the most hilarious reviews ever, and he becomes an emotional crybaby and removes the app. Yes, because removing the app will magically make everything go away.

"I never asked for this" Bullcrap. You're telling me you made a video game hoping it wouldn't get any attention? Pathetic.

I don't care where you come from or what you do, but you are a disgrace to the industry with this Diva hissy fit you just threw.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:10 PM

He couldn't handle the heat. He got out of the kitchen. Not sure why you still have a beef with him.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
He couldn't handle the heat. He got out of the kitchen. Not sure why you still have a beef with him.
He's a disgrace to every one of the hard working people out there who put their blood, sweat, and tears into a project only to have it drown in the sea of endless clones and crappy freemium titles that litter the app store that only dream of getting a #1 title.

He's a sissy little diva who shouldn't even be in the industry if this is how he's going to act.

Iron Pants has become the "new" Flappy Bird, and that developer is going to be more than happy to take the following.

His name is known, he'll never be able to work in the industry again. He won't be able to put out another game without it rising to the top and being discussed endlessly. His career in this industry is over.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I still wager this is ultimately a publicity stunt and he just doesn't want to admit it.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Don't blame him, blame the appstore.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKDAIR View Post
This whole Flappy Bird phenomenon is just getting downright crazy.

Many, well pretty much everybody I know who's in the gaming industry would absolutely cry tears of joy if their game even managed to crack the top 100.

Here this guy gets #1 with a game that is explosively addicting and has some of the most hilarious reviews ever, and he becomes an emotional crybaby and removes the app. Yes, because removing the app will magically make everything go away.

"I never asked for this" Bullcrap. You're telling me you made a video game hoping it wouldn't get any attention? Pathetic.

I don't care where you come from or what you do, but you are a disgrace to the industry with this Diva hissy fit you just threw.
Well you can say that because you haven't been in that situation, haven't had a global audience focused on you, commenting on you, vying for your attention, spewing hate at you 24/7 . I think peace of mind should come first, and if the guy felt like he was going crazy under the pressure and avalanche of attention and hateful comments, he should be commended for doing what's best for himself. He didn't want to make millions. Making games isn't always about making money. For some, it's just a passion or hobby, and not having a worldwide spotlight glaring down on you or attracting the kinds of despicable comments I saw on the dev's Twitter page

So you just so know, you don't have to be an insensitive jerk towards the guy and his situation.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 02-09-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Some Gamers and devs seemed angry, annoyed pissed off and jealous that it did well, now they are angry, pissed off and jealous that he's removed it.

People liked the game, people hated the game. Thing is it's his game, his life and his choice. People need to get a grip and stop being so jealous, stop the childish name calling and focus on their own lives.

Edit, wonder if the devs who posted insults and name calling at various places online, have considered that potential customers are reading and making impressions on you.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 02-09-2014 at 03:41 PM..
Old 02-09-2014, 03:58 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

https://twitter.com/miss_raej/status/432407509723144194
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKDAIR View Post
I still wager this is ultimately a publicity stunt and he just doesn't want to admit it.
First you say the dev is a disgrace to the industry for having a hissy fit but then later post you think its a publicity stunt. Your comments don't jive and your fearless rantings are only bolstered because its riding on a crest of what other like minded insensitive sheep are doing.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
This. I know if I was this poor guy, and subject to this, I'd probably be going crazy too

@GKDAIR - your comments put you in the same class as those people on Twiiter