Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 AM

Default Epic Arena - (by Shadow Masters Inc.)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 94.7 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Test your skills in the Epic Arena against other players within a perfect pvp setting. Two teams enter, one team leaves. No mercy. This turn based fantasy board game will grip you for hours as you rise to the top to defeat your opponent. Optimize your strategies to counter your enemies in an effort to dominate and leave victorious. Join the battle.

Epic Arena has everything an exciting game should offer. This 3d card game offers the ideal PvP environment where you and your friends can fight it out online to get bragging rights. Gather your forces, create the perfect game plan and take part in the epic battle that is bound to happen against your friends and players across the world. Enjoy endless possibilities Epic Arena provides. Use the offline challenges to improve your skills and practice your tactics.

Play with your Epic Arena or Facebook buddies on any platform, anytime, anywhere.

Key Features:

Benefit from unique character and team capabilities.
Unlimited outcomes. Endless ways of winning.
Customize your team deck with Power Cards.
Play against friends and other players!
Enhance your technique with single player challenges.

Get started now! Join the community, fight the battle, win the war.
iPhone Screenshots

Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM

Wow, this was a surprise. What a solid turn based game. Great visuals, awesome / solid controls. I didn't hear any info on this I'm the upcoming. Definitely recommend it, only did the first mission really enjoying it. Not sure iap's works. Will leave a more detailed impression later.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 AM

Never seen this earlier, I love chess and any kind of turn based strategy game. Sometimes I wish chess were more complex. So will definitely give this a try.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This is a complete rip off of Hero Academy. Is the company made up of the same people that made Hero Academy? Because otherwise, this is shameful. I mean this is practically a reskin of that game, minus the one new feature of having a slightly larger arena.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Derivative and difficulty scales up way too fast. Uninstall.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:32 AM

Gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
This is a complete rip off of Hero Academy. Is the company made up of the same people that made Hero Academy? Because otherwise, this is shameful. I mean this is practically a reskin of that game, minus the one new feature of having a slightly larger arena.
While I agree this is little more than a more modern HA; rip off? re-skin? It always makes me chuckle to see how quickly some leap to these accusations even when the similarities stop and start at the basic concept (which itself could hardly be called original). Robot Entertainment came up with a good quick-fire asynchronous turn based battler that, no-doubt, was used as the framework and core inspiration of this title. However, there were turn based games of analogous designs being played for years online, and even between people using snail mail long before online gaming, never mind their board game roots.

First, very hard to re-skin a sprite based 2D game into a full 3D game, complete with board rotation. If that's even "practically a re-skin", I'd love to see your graphics program suite . Second, just the hex grid vs. square grid alone changes the movement dynamics enough to justify its existence.

We've seen many of these sorts of games come and go on iOS, and they all suffer from the same weakness, a lack of persistent player pool. This game launched with a single player component, so, right there they did something Robot Entertainment never did. So, fine, it is derivative, and it is obviously hewn from the same stone as Hero Academy, but it's no rip off and sure isn't a re-skin.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 AM

I completed a map with out dying and using the least amount of cards and still couldn't get 3 stars what gives? Some people are saying you have to do it it exact sequence to get 3 stars. Now that's just stupid given the numbers of possibilities. Maybe they should show how many points is needed for 2 stars or 3 stars etc to lessen the randomness of scoring.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I was looking forward to this because of the single player (when I tried to play in the arena, no one was playing). So Ive been slogging through. I have a deck, but it doesn't get shuffled. And the teams are so unbalanced that it gets frustrating very fast because you can't shuffle the cards, they don't get replaced (i.e. as in Hearthstone) and the AI team is totally out of your league. So you basically get beat over and over again. And when you try the same level again, the cards are exactly the same even though your deck says you have different ones.
The graphics and movement are very nice, and this game could really shine with the single player mode, but without any flexibility you are just grinding the same cards and still losing.
Im on the fence. Unless someone tells me Im way off base or just a poor player, Im going to delete. I've gotten very good at Sword and Poker Adventures!