★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Platformers/Other Suggestions

02-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Platformers/Other Suggestions

I am desperate for some new ideas... perhaps games that I've missed from the past?

Here are my favorites last 2-3 years to give sense of what I like:

World of Goo
Bean's Quest (just found this few weeks ago and loved it)
Beyond Ynth
Mikey (all)
Rolando (all)
Rayman (all)

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
I should add... not a huge fan of the Sonic/Cordy type of platformers...

02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Shadow Blade, Mos Speedrun, Prince of Persia 2, Badland, and Type:Rider are all excellent ones I've played recently...

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
02-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Yes, I enjoyed Shadow Blade and Type:Rider (although not as much as the hype)

I will check out some of the others you listed.
02-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers View Post

Yes, I enjoyed Shadow Blade and Type:Rider (although not as much as the hype)

I will check out some of the others you listed.
They all happen to support MFi game controllers, which is how I played them - I know Type:Rider was supposed to be somewhat hard to control using touch. The others are probably better. Badland isn't a traditional platformer, but it's a solid side scroller that Apple gave Game of the Year

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
02-11-2014, 09:15 PM
No mention of Icycle. Sad

Anyways, in addition to those already mentioned:

One Tap Hero
Mutant Mudds
Prince of Persia Shadow and the Flame
Freedom Fall
Night Sky

Also, these deserve to be mentioned:

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Mini Dash
Super Splatform
Pyro Jump
02-11-2014, 09:32 PM
This list is older and could use a good update, but it may still be valuable for you:

Platformers List
02-12-2014, 03:42 AM
I have every game OP mentioned, except one (limbo) because u have a bunch of limbo clones so can't be bothered to fork out money for it.

I recommend-

Super splatform -

You loved beans quest, so I guarantee you'll love this. Like beans, you auto bounce on the spot, and try to complete the level with least amount of bounces. Probably my favourite iOS platformer of all time. Enjoyed every second of this game and was sad after I 100%'ed it.

Bubble pig- it has the same bouncing mechanism as splatform and beans quest, so if you're a fan of auto bouncers, give it a go. I like it, but it's not my favourite.

Kid tripp- I also enjoyed this so much, it's hard to tell which I love more, splatform or Tripp, both are amazing and worth downloading.
Kid tripp feels like authentic old school sega games.. That difficulty, foot stomping, but ever so satisfying rage when you die, but bliss when you complete the level. It's wonderful.

Baby lava bounce- a fun little free game that's a cross between platforming and arcade.. I love to pick this up when I have 30 seconds spare.

Super hexagon - extremely addictive, again, if you're a fan of old school sega,you'll love it.

Puzzle games-

Little inferno

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
02-12-2014, 04:06 AM
I would go for Limbo for sure, its a classic and clones dont come close to it

Badland is a very good game but its not a platformer.

Shame you dont like Cordy/Sonic style games, one of my favourites is Storm in a Teacup, great graphics and levels, its excellent.

PDA Games is a very good classic platformer, single screen action, tons of levels, plays so well