New layout

02-11-2014, 02:55 PM
#1
New layout

The new layout for the games section (both released and upcoming) is excellent.
The joining of it all into one iPhone and iPad section, rather than the previous iPhone iPod section and further iPad section along with the further sub distinction in the thread of being universal or not is a great addition in my opinion
Thanks a lot for that improvement.
It has made things substantially quicker, more streamlined and much more convenient so genuinely well done.
02-11-2014, 03:48 PM
#2
I agree. Excellent change.

What's the protocol when there are an HD and non-HD version of the same game (i.e. Angry Birds and Angry Birds HD)? One thread for both games? Separate threads for each version?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
#3
I must be an odd one out then, I dislike it and much prefer the old layout.
It annoys me somewhat when sites I really enjoy using and use frequently, change their layout for the sake of it.. It was fine

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-11-2014, 07:37 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 426
Im with you, I hate the new layout. I don't see the point or practical use of having ipad only games in an iphone forum. As someone who owns both I prefer two different forums.

GAMECENTER ID: W00DPU5H3R
Frozen Synapse: W00DPU5H3R
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps
02-11-2014, 08:00 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Im with you, I hate the new layout. I don't see the point or practical use of having ipad only games in an iphone forum. As someone who owns both I prefer two different forums.
Yes it makes it cluttered and makes it harder to find what you need.. Crazy choice

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-11-2014, 08:34 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,796
Yeah and iPad only games are just going to get buried under all the iPhone games. I don't care for the merger. If TA wants to merge iPad and iPhone game forums then they need to upgrade their search engine as any search word that is shorter than four characters will not register a result.
02-11-2014, 09:24 PM
#7
Guys, read this- http://toucharcade.com/2014/02/11/we...-games-forums/

Specifically:

Quote:
Additionally, if you want to prune out only iPad games, you just need to scroll down to the "Display Options" portion of the forum display, and select whatever thread prefix you want, then hit "Show Threads":

edit: Arn's solution is even more elegant VVV
02-11-2014, 09:24 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Yeah and iPad only games are just going to get buried under all the iPhone games. I don't care for the merger. If TA wants to merge iPad and iPhone game forums then they need to upgrade their search engine as any search word that is shorter than four characters will not register a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Yes it makes it cluttered and makes it harder to find what you need.. Crazy choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Im with you, I hate the new layout. I don't see the point or practical use of having ipad only games in an iphone forum. As someone who owns both I prefer two different forums.
The vast majority of games are Universal.

iPad games won't get buried by "iPhone" games, since there aren't that many iPhone-only games. They might get buried by Universal games, but Universal games are iPad games.

Am I missing a scenario?

There is a way see only iPhone or iPad prefixed games:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumd...refixid=iPhone
http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumd...&prefixid=iPad

We can link that more prominently somewhere.

arn
02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,796
Thanks for the info Eli and Arn, it might be nice if there was another prefix for iPad only and iPhone only games. Other wise they will get buried under the universal games. Also any chance that the TA search engine is going to get upgraded anytime soon? It really is the weakest part of this site.
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Thanks for the info Eli and Arn, it might be nice if there was another prefix for iPad only and iPhone only games. Other wise they will get buried under the universal games. Also any chance that the TA search engine is going to get upgraded anytime soon? It really is the weakest part of this site.
I'm still confused. We have those prefixes:

Universal - Both iPhone and iPad
iPhone - iPhone only
iPad - iPad only