★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Birdy Flap (Hit #1 on Windows 8 and Windows Phone)

02-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Birdy Flap (Hit #1 on Windows 8 and Windows Phone)

My game Birdy Flap has done really well on Windows 8 and Windows Phone, both hitting #1. It's done pretty good on Android as well.

I've made a lot of progress and the next version I'm going to upload is going to be a big one. I'm planning to have the iOS version released when this version is done. (In about 2-3 days)

Here's features you can look forward to when it releases:
  • -Classic Mode
  • -Rage Quit Mode
  • -10 levels with 3 star challenges within them. World 2 with 10 more levels will come in the next update.
  • -2 different control schemes. Tap to fly with Blue Birdy or press and hold with Red Birdy.
  • -And much more...I have plenty of ideas for future updates.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the next version:

I'm updating the game as quickly as I can and want to improve every aspect of it. You can expect the gameplay, art and sound to improve as time goes on.

Download for Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone now!

Last edited by Cappa Games; 02-11-2014 at 06:56 PM.
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
What the flap?!

02-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Feature suggestions-

1.Customization. Adding little accessories would be awesome! Like hats and stuff.

2.New Worlds- Deserts, Jungles, Savannah's, etc.

3. Two-Player Online Mode! You see who can get the farthest in a ghost match.
02-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! All those things I would love to do! When I make the new worlds, I definitely want to add a theme to them. Customization sounds good too, I might start looking into it once this version is done. 2 Player online would be awesome...that's going to be a tough one, but I'm definitely going to look into it once I get a lot of stuff done.
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Here's a question...

Why make a flappy bird clone instead of, ya know, an original game?
02-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy in the app store View Post
Here's a question...

Why make a flappy bird clone instead of, ya know, an original game?
I would paraphrase:

Why make a clone that is worse than the original game
02-12-2014, 01:47 AM
I think my game has some original content in it, as it has things that Flappy Bird didn't. Rage Quit Mode has moving platforms and in the next update I have levels with challenges to get all 3 stars per level. I hope you'll like it.
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappa Games View Post
I think my game has some original content in it, as it has things that Flappy Bird didn't. Rage Quit Mode has moving platforms and in the next update I have levels with challenges to get all 3 stars per level. I hope you'll like it.
But why birdy flap? Aren't there any other names?