★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Roadkill Cafe (and lite) 1.2 Submitted

08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Roadkill Cafe (and lite) 1.2 Submitted

We've made a few fixes to Roadkill Cafe that should please our loving fans. (Especially whoever it is calling me and night and breathing heavily into the phone. It would be a lot sexier if you weren't eating and watching Dr. Phil at the same time)

Changelog includes:

RKC 1.2
-fixed hard button (it went to medium instead)
-visible thumbstick to assist dynamic users.
-orienting score/lives/beers to device!
-pause and exit functionality
-more info on Control options picker
-version 2.21 compatible. Oops. 1.1 was made to a 3.0 target. Fixed!
-fixed blurry font problem
-fixed crash on turning on/off sound
-speed improvements - smooth gam
-fixed name field not saving
-fixed customers not always coming properly

RKC Lite 1.2
-visible thumbstick
-orienting score/lives/beers
-pause
-more info on control picker
-version 2.21 compatible
-fixed blurry font problem
-fixed crash on turning on/off sound
-fixed crash on changing user name
-fixed crash after dying in Vengeance
-fixed general lag
-fixed name field not saving
-fixed customers not always coming properly

We learned a lesson with Lite. Just make a separate code branch instead of compiling to a demo version within Visual Studio. What worked on testing wasn't exactly the same as what got uploaded to the store. But we're working with experimental tools so it's a learn as you go process.

Hopefully these will make it through review fairly quickly.

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Awesome, can't wait.

Definitely one of the funniest games I've played.

back

08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I apologize for the late night calls. But I only call because you haven't responded to all the flowers I've sent!
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
ooo wweeee!!! this here game is gunna have more funktionality than my teevee reeemote

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-12-2009, 11:46 PM
I never accept flowers from a delivery man wearing assless leather chaps.

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atommo View Post
OMG That quote belongs in someone's signature!
08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Please don't ask me to change!

To paraphrase Meatloaf...I would do anything for love, but I won't *not* wear assless leather chaps.
08-12-2009, 11:56 PM
atommo that should be your sig

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm very quotable. I'd be on a tshirt except, well, nobody would wear a t-shirt with me on it :P

Anyway, I think you guys will appreciate how much smoother the gameplay is now. Our audio guy gave us some smaller loops to work with, and we abandoned streaming audio, which gave the game an instant performance boost.

The new thumbstick circle isn't anchored (it floats with your finger) but it should be a good indication of how very little you need to move your finger for fine control.

The dpad controls blow the other two out of the water if your a twitch gamer. But RKC has safe spots so the more casual gamers can get away with the tilt and lure control types.

08-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Quote:
I'm very quotable. I'd be on a tshirt except, well, nobody would wear a t-shirt with me on it :P

Anyway, I think you guys will appreciate how much smoother the gameplay is now. Our audio guy gave us some smaller loops to work with, and we abandoned streaming audio, which gave the game an instant performance boost.

The new thumbstick circle isn't anchored (it floats with your finger) but it should be a good indication of how very little you need to move your finger for fine control.

The dpad controls blow the other two out of the water if your a twitch gamer. But RKC has safe spots so the more casual gamers can get away with the tilt and lure control types.
guess that gives me good reason to try the dpad again, been only using the tilt

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com