Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Revolution Ace - top-down shooter (by Laser Guided Games) (Unreal Engine 3)

An Unreal Engine 3-powered top-down shooter by a former programmer / designer of Epic Games. Coming soon to PC (Steam) & iOS in March 2014.

Quote:
Wednesday, February 13th, 2014 — Laser Guided Games announced the upcoming release of Revolution Ace, a top-down shooter with classic gameplay, modern accessibility, and unique multiplayer where you fight a wide variety of air, land, and sea enemies with a customizable loadout of more than 20 weapons. Players level up to unlock more weapon slots and perks that add additional passive bonuses like piercing and shield stealing.

“After almost ten years of triple-A game development I wanted to do something on a smaller scale - more flexibility, more focus on the 'game' part, more opportunity to interact with and react to the community. I think players will find Revolution Ace to be a fun mix of past, present, and unique mechanics and I look forward to its impending release,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder of Laser Guided Games.

Versus mode features two players competing side by side on their own field with various ways to affect the other player. Send additional enemies and hazards, make ships invisible or invulnerable and more to disrupt your rival and get the higher score.

Battle Chains mode lets you play through a level then save it for the next player who has to fight through the extra hazards you've created. Upload globally or send to a specific friend to compete against and respond in turn; each additional link forged in the chain will be tougher than the last.

Local and online two player co-op expands the playable area with more enemies and modified attack patterns (PC exclusive).

Revolution Ace is planned for a March 2014 release on Steam (PC) and iOS.

A trailer can be seen at http://youtu.be/nX8SFiKItpI.

Press Contact:

press@laserguidedgames.com

About Laser Guided Games

Laser Guided Games is an independent video game studio currently developing for PC and mobile platforms and their first game Revolution Ace, based on Unreal Engine 3, is being developed by founder Matt Oelfke, a former Epic Games/Unreal Senior Programmer and Designer who worked on the Unreal Tournament and Gears of War series. For more information visit http://laserguidedgames.com

Source: http://www.laserguidedgames.com/ra/press_release.htm.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 PM

I love the look of this
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Reminds me of Raptor... That is a good sign :P
Old 02-13-2014, 11:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleau View Post
Reminds me of Raptor... That is a good sign :P
Raptor was a definite inspiration. I played it so many times as a kid. On touch devices it actually is a little closer to that since with just touch it picks ground/air for you based on what is closest whereas on PC there are two buttons. Of course some weapons are only one or the other so you can prioritize.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Man, I think I'm gonna do another Raptor run in the weekend. I suddenly have a craving for it :P