★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Room 8
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 36.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: **Indie Prize Best Game In Show - Audience Award Winner**
** SlideDB: BEST UPCOMING APP OF 2013 PLAYERS CHOICE**

Evil Enslavers from one point. Brave Robots from the other. Time for the Rebellion has come! So, dont waste any more second!

Set Rioters free, lead a Run!

Available for iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 only.

*** FEATURES ***

Atmospheric runner with stylish steampunk design
Customizable robots, offering unique game mechanics
Increasing difficulty from easy to bone-breaking
Diverse daily missions
Dangerous Saws & Gears to avoid
Highly immersive audio-visual experience
Leaderboards to compete with Facebook friends
Game Center Leaderboards

Support e-mail: riot.runners.room8@gmail.com
02-13-2014, 11:25 PM
This game looks interesting. Anyone give it a go yet?

02-13-2014, 11:28 PM
JACK COME AT ME I WANT THE HUG! I've waited so long (':
02-13-2014, 11:34 PM
For some reason, I thought this was going to be free to play, so seeing the $0.99 price is a pleasant surprise
02-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
For some reason, I thought this was going to be free to play, so seeing the $0.99 price is a pleasant surprise
I will say it has a lot of IAP mechanics, particularly with dual currencies and a revive system. It also kind of pushes that second less plentiful currency to play a spin wheel and also puts it's additional $1.99 "starter pack" in prominent display (there's plenty of other currency IAPs available as well). You can't just restart a run. You have to go back to the main screen and are forced to push through screens for these things.

If it wasn't for that, I'd say overall it's a pretty good runner that gets challenging. Coins are fairly generous but I haven't seem the cost if max upgrades.

I got a code for it so I obviously have no right to be too judgmental, but I could certainly see this going the freemium route at some point.
02-14-2014, 03:33 AM
See some posts ahead...

Last edited by TheFrost; 02-15-2014 at 03:03 PM.
02-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Downloaded and will try soon and leave impressions, I purchased it on my AppStore and I do believe I remember something from the past where the other game like this was actually just stolen/copied from this? I could but wrong but I'm sure someone will know.
02-14-2014, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Thanks AWP for the impressions. I love runners to death but this seems too fremium and I already bited the bait with Toad Rider (good game but way ti freemium for me) and Im not making the same mistake.

Also, why do I have to pay 1$ when this exact game but with a different name already exists on the AppStore for free? At least if this version didnt have IAP would have been an incentive. But no. Oh well see you when you either are premium or freemium, but not paidmum....
I feel the same about toad rider as you do, I also have to agree with awp, I could be wrong but it seems like the same game as robot rush but without the ads.

@awp I also got a code, I'm thankful for it but if I'd paid I have to admit I'd be disappointed as it does feel very freemium. I'm greatful for code I get on here but when leaving feedback etc I treat it as if I'd paid for it.
02-14-2014, 04:24 AM
No, nothing, forget it.

Last edited by TheFrost; 02-14-2014 at 04:35 AM.
02-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Is Game Center working for any of you?

Game Center: sink_or_swim