★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Run & draw fast with Max Axe (Universal) $1.99>Free

02-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Run & draw fast with Max Axe (Universal) $1.99>Free

Not uncool endless runner with aiming system. According to the main thread the game is very pushing in your face things like IAPs, rating the game 5 stars for coins, Facebook, etc. but the IAPs should be completely optional. "But at least it is presented consistently with the bombastic style of the game." Lots of polish to it. Tried it for a while on iPad Air and it seems to be pretty fun.

Apples Game of the Week. Was already free once before.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Everyone seen this already since it was Apple app of the week.
02-14-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this prior to it being Apple's App of the Week. Really is a fun game. I agree that they do push the IAPs too much. But as mentioned, they don't seem necessary.

I loved games like Axe in the Face and Zoombies and to have that gameplay meshed with a runner is a cool combination. Adds even more of a sense of urgency, especially when obstacles like blades are added into the mix with the enemies.

Recommended and would be highly recommended if it wasn't for the IAP nag screens.

Last edited by awp69; 02-14-2014 at 07:31 PM.
02-14-2014, 07:16 PM
^ Thanks. I just downloaded the app but didn't install it on my device. Might as well do that since it seems like a pretty nice game.