★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 5/5: A must have! - iOS Etc.
The most interesting Arkanoid-like game I have played thus far - ShineApp
One of the best BreakOut clones on the iPhone - Family Friendly Gaming
A block breaking game with more imagination than most - 148Apps
A brick breaker game with a bite - AppAdvice

Blowfish Meets Meteor is a fresh, new evolution of the brick-breaker genre! Rescue your mermaid daughters, slay gigantic sea monsters, and smash a few gajillion bricks while doing it in this stunning brick-breaker-meets-puzzle-platformer hybrid.

A massive adventure with over 10 hours of content!
Six gigantic, unique worlds!
Thousands of frames of hand-drawn animation!
Nearly thirty minutes of original music!

Take an epic journey from the surface of the waves to the mysterious, alien trenches at the bottom of the ocean. New surprises lurk around every corner: you'll summon fluffy penguins to aid you, flee zombified pirate ships, create makeshift platforms from the lingering ghosts of jellyfish, use gigantic laser beams to blow up entire levels, fight to escape from the belly of a vengeful whale, and more. At the end of it all, you'll battle an unmatched evil and uncover the secrets of a mysterious underwater world.

Do you have what it takes to rescue your mermaid daughters? There's only one way to find out! Let's do this!

Sky Tyrannosaur's comments:
UPDATE 5/1/14: Blowfish Meets Meteor is now available natively on the iPad! Check out the trailer below!

Blowfish Meets Meteor is out now on the App Store, and it's having a launch-weekend sale because we love you all so much! Grab a copy, and please, by all means, leave an App Store review!

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Read about this in the Upcoming forum and sounds great.

Downloading!

02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Normally Block Breaker games are seen that done that, but not with this game, it's a very polished adventure, it looks really great and plays ditto. Game Center is coming soon, I can recommend this to anybody.
02-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Normally Block Breaker games are seen that done that, but not with this game, it's a very polished adventure, it looks really great and plays ditto. Game Center is coming soon, I can recommend this to anybody.
Awesome, thanks so much!

For those on the fence, 148Apps did a really great review:
http://www.148apps.com/reviews/blowf...meteor-review/
02-14-2014, 02:29 PM
This looks interesting but I do almost all of my gaming on the iPad. Will this end up being a Universal app or will there be a separate iPad version?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This looks interesting but I do almost all of my gaming on the iPad. Will this end up being a Universal app or will there be a separate iPad version?
It absolutely will also be released on iPad. We're not sure whether it will be separate or universal yet; still trying to hammer out logistics of what most people want.
02-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tyrannosaur View Post
It absolutely will also be released on iPad. We're not sure whether it will be separate or universal yet; still trying to hammer out logistics of what most people want.
I'm just gonna say people will probably want universal. The game looks awesome by the way. I'm gonna pick it up when I get a chance!
02-15-2014, 08:20 AM
So I have loosely followed this game since TA did an article awhile back. I really want to buy it, I wish they'd have released with GC, but will probably go ahead and buy at the launch price then not even play until the update it.
02-15-2014, 12:17 PM
SD only.
No Gamecenter.

This is 2014.
Sorry, that equals no buy for me (even though this is the kind of title I usually buy without a second thought).
02-15-2014, 12:28 PM
The dev mentioned in the Upcoming forum that an update with GC is already with Apple, so probably should be coming out any day now.