★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A Dark Room $0.99 > Free

02-14-2014, 04:20 PM
A Dark Room $0.99 > Free

02-14-2014, 04:25 PM
iOS7 only... on such a simple text type game. Oh well.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

02-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I literally paid a dollar before this. At least the dev gets some money :|
02-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Wtat de effin

I paid 69p and it wont even open
It says cant download try later
02-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
iOS7 only... on such a simple text type game. Oh well.
There are a lot of blind gamers out there. And iOS 7 made significant enhancements so that developers could leverage the VoiceOver capabilities on iOS. I had to make a choice. Either support older iOS versions (which currently is less than 25% of the market) or support blind gamers. I ended up doing the latter. The web version of the game is free to play. So definitely give that a shot (PC/Mac only, best experience on Chrome, Safari, and FireFox).

Last edited by amirrajan; 02-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy211 View Post
I literally paid a dollar before this. At least the dev gets some money :|
I do appreciate that you bought it. This price change is only temporary (2 day special). I hope you didn't regret buying it. And that it was worth the price of admission.
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
I bought it during the 99 cent sale as well. Kinda feel bad not paying the 2 dollars for it before. The only reqson i hesitated was from being unsure if it was a choose your own adventure type of thing or not. Happy to say it isnt.

For being text based its pretty damn involved, and the way the story flows really makes you question the way civilizations start. Basically get this game now, for free its a no brainer if you like any type of post apocalyptic survival settings. Its one of the best even without graphics, or maybe because of it.
02-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyHero View Post
I bought it during the 99 cent sale as well. Kinda feel bad not paying the 2 dollars for it before. The only reqson i hesitated was from being unsure if it was a choose your own adventure type of thing or not. Happy to say it isnt.

For being text based its pretty damn involved, and the way the story flows really makes you question the way civilizations start. Basically get this game now, for free its a no brainer if you like any type of post apocalyptic survival settings. Its one of the best even without graphics, or maybe because of it.
Thank you for the kind words :-) every review/impression helps indie devs like myself. It's really appreciated.
02-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousyhero View Post
i bought it during the 99 cent sale as well. Kinda feel bad not paying the 2 dollars for it before. The only reqson i hesitated was from being unsure if it was a choose your own adventure type of thing or not. Happy to say it isnt.

For being text based its pretty damn involved, and the way the story flows really makes you question the way civilizations start. basically get this game now, for free its a no brainer if you like any type of post apocalyptic survival settings. Its one of the best even without graphics, or maybe because of it.
+100!
02-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirrajan View Post
Thank you for the kind words :-) every review/impression helps indie devs like myself. It's really appreciated.
Ahh well i have to admit, i want it to get a lot of exposure so maybe there will be an expansion/sequel in the future. :P
For right now though i still need to play through for the alternate ending.