★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Eggs from USSR (Egg G&W Clone) now FREE

08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Eggs from USSR (Egg G&W Clone) now FREE

Youtube link | Pop Up

So the Game & Watch series from Mobile 1UP were pulled from the App Store by Nintendo and had to be restylised but this version of Egg managed to get on to the App Store a few months later?

Description:

Compare with it with US$40 hardware edition in plastic rarely found on the market in a good condition.

Carefully remastered replica of the most popular "video game" in the Soviet Russia. See for yourself why millions of kids in the U.S.S.R. begged their parents to spend a quarter of the monthly salary on this fun game. "Nu, Pogodi!" (Just you wait!) is a Soviet Union clone of Nintendo's EG-26 or "Egg" game from Game and Watch series. Back in 1987 the game was released under the Russian brand Electronika.

"This is non-stop action fun from my childhood, now it's my nephew's best pacifier!"
- Vasiliy Terkin

=== FEATURES
- 2 games in 1: patience and attention
- listen to iTunes while you play
- surround stereo sound effects
- easy to press large animated buttons
- high score
- rotate the game up and down or flip it front and back
- fast download, tiny size
- plays by itself if left alone
- English and Russian languages
- easy to follow help for English speakers
- learn 5 Russian words
- mute game music

=== HOW TO PLAY
Easy arcade style game - catch as many eggs as you can.

=== DETAILS
Save the eggs from breaking by moving the wolf into the correct position so the egg drops into the wolf's basket. Brake an egg and you loose a point. Game ends at 3 lost points. If you brake an egg while rabbit is looking out of the window - only a half point is lost.

Screenshots:

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
08-13-2009, 10:03 AM
well better grab this quick then before it's pulled

...where are you starjimstar...i know you'll want this

...has anyone tried it, does it work well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 08-13-2009 at 10:13 AM.

08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I went ahead and bought this because I like these retro LCD games.

It's fun and simple to play. The controls work really well and it definitely has all the little mechanical beeps and sounds that belong in one of these games. There are english directions overlayed over the russian text so you can tell what's going on.

The game includes music, but this can be muted separately from the sound effects which is good.

If you like this style of retro game, this is definitely worth a look. Makes a great bathroom break, waiting in line type of game.

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
08-17-2009, 12:44 PM
How does it compare to the one in my sig devil??
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
dont like this kind of game.. Pass.
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
dont like this kind of game.. Pass.
Thanks for the insight!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
How does it compare to the one in my sig devil??
Both the Leaping Lambrettini's and Eggs did their homework as far as making the game look retro. I love how in Lambrettinis you can flip over the box and see the back. In Eggs, if you press the symbol in upper left, the game flips to the back of the plastic cover.

Both of them have really responsive controls, I've had zero problem with either one of them as far as the controls. Now with Eggs, you have 4 buttons to control for setting which chute the wolf will hold the basket under, so it takes a little getting used to reaching up to those virtual spots since you aren't getting the tactile feedback of hitting the buttons.

For difficulty, I might have to lean on Eggs because as you keep playing the eggs start coming down faster and you'll find yourself pressing buttons wildly in all 4 directions to catch an egg before the one on the other side reaches the end. In Lambrettinis, it's all about rhythym and timing so it is possible to settle into a pattern, but even so I still get out of rhthym somehow, lol.

The only thing I can complain about with Eggs is that the game displays the status bar of your phone at the top so you'll know what time it is and how much battery you have left. It would really help with the visual presentation if that wasn't there, but it in now way detracts from the gameplay itself.

Quote:
Quote:
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Frant
I used to play different Электроника when I was a child - 5-6 years old, hehe
It was awesome and I have a good memories about it, but if I will try the new version on my iPod touch the magic of nostalgia will disappear. It surely will, so I'm passing it.
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frant View Post
I used to play different Электроника when I was a child - 5-6 years old, hehe
It was awesome and I have a good memories about it, but if I will try the new version on my iPod touch the magic of nostalgia will disappear. It surely will, so I'm passing it.
can you tell me then how the rabbit works...the description says that the rabbit is worth half a life, but what do you have to do to earn those 1/2 lives back?

Quote:
Quote:
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
can you tell me then how the rabbit works...the description says that the rabbit is worth half a life, but what do you have to do to earn those 1/2 lives back?
As I understand it, if you drop an egg when the rabbit is poking his head out of the window, it deducts only half a life. If he is hiding, it takes a full one.