★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Tap Music Solution?

12-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Tap Tap Music Solution?

We all know that the SDK limits us, and one of those limits result in the lack of your own music in Tap Tap. It's still a fun game, but it would be so much more fun with the ability to add your own tunes. This got me thinking about "Phase" on the classic iPods. You create a special playlist in iTunes called "Phase Music" and then you add it to your iPod. If this was ported it would still break Apple's SDK limits, but then why can iPod developers access it?

Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

Last edited by BulletDev; 12-13-2008 at 01:26 PM.
12-13-2008, 01:23 PM
So, what your saying is, you can create a game that will let you put your own music into a taptap-esque game, and it have markers to tap- in time with the song?

This is, of course, without the limitations of SDK. If you had other less limiting software, you could do it?

12-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
So, what your saying is, you can create a game that will let you put your own music into a taptap-esque game, and it have markers to tap- in time with the song?

This is, of course, without the limitations of SDK. If you had other less limiting software, you could do it?
I'm not saying that I'm interested in developing this, but if Apple lifted some of the restrictions, then maybe. That's not the point I was trying to get at though. I was just thinking that it's weird how developers have almost no restrictions on classic iPods as apposed to iPhone devs.

12-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post

There was Tap Tap Revolution on Cydia/Installer for jailbreak that did just that.
12-13-2008, 01:26 PM
What about uploading and hosting your music on a designated site?
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
There was Tap Tap Revolution on Cydia/Installer for jailbreak that did just that.
I know, it was the early version of Tap Tap Revenge. That's jailbreaking though, where your risking so much to get more.

12-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
What about uploading and hosting your music on a designated site?
That's a good idea.... you might be getting into some vague form of piracy though...

12-13-2008, 01:28 PM
good point barringsoftware
12-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
That's a good idea.... you might be getting into some vague form of piracy though...
Hmmm... Well I'm not sure because you technically own it. And your "playlist" would only be available to you and no one else. But I'm not personally one to know the ins and outs of music copyright laws.
12-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
yeah. there were hundreds of tap tap files back on j/b 1.1.4. where are they now? still on the same server. just need tapulous to implement.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95