Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Lost in Paradise (by Elev8 Games)

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 02-16-2014, 07:50 PM

Guess I'll check this out, unless someone talks me out of it soonish.
Edit:
Downloaded.
Will give imps when I get the chance to play.
I rarely have much time in a row to play, so I'm waiting to have at least an hour to play.
(This is the main reason I generally lean towards a more casual experience on iOS)

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-17-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 03:06 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey guys thanks for posting about our game, just wanted to chime in as the dev and mention I'd be happy to take any questions or feedback about the game or it's development.

Also I just put out a new version which has much improved graphics... switched from a "spritesheet" based player character animation to a "bones" based tweened style which is much smoother and better performing. Overall the game also has many other improvements to make it much faster and more stable than the original release.

Here's an early gif of the improvements, it was modified further before release with better walk cycle animation, and the gif colors are a bit wonky, but hopefully it can help you guys see the difference.

Last edited by elev8games; 06-07-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 03:48 PM

I'm a sucker for self-contained adventures with comprehensive hint systems and enthusiastic devs, so I picked this one up. I'll post impressions once I finish it, but I have quite an adventure game backlog, so it might be a while.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I'm a sucker for self-contained adventures with comprehensive hint systems and enthusiastic devs, so I picked this one up. I'll post impressions once I finish it, but I have quite an adventure game backlog, so it might be a while.
Thanks, hope you enjoy it! Take your time, will check back when you're through. Thinking of doing a sequel so all feedback is valuable for the next one.

I'm glad you like comprehensive hint systems too, at one point I was wondering if the added effort was worth it. Most mobile devs tend to do just video walkthroughs, and the translation cost for all the hints was almost as much as the text for the rest of the game. But it really did seem to help keep players from getting stuck and losing interest or jumping into spoilers, so we've had some good feedback on that.

Last edited by elev8games; 06-08-2014 at 07:32 AM..