★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Immerse yourself in a lost paradise, with a deep mystery hiding beyond it's pristine shores.

As a crew member of a suddenly and mysteriously capsized ship journeying through the notorious Bermuda Triangle, you find yourself being the sole survivor on a seemingly deserted island. Deserted but not always uninhabited. Solve the mystery of the lost paradise and claim your destiny. Get back to nature, learn and hone your REAL world survival skills, solve puzzles and live the adventure.

Lost in Paradise is a third person point and click adventure reminiscent of the classics from 90s (similar to modern escape games or hidden object games, but deeper) with spellbinding graphics, animation, and an art style all it's own.

Explore over 25 stunning natural locations with brilliantly alive animations, sounds and weather effects.

Enjoy six beautiful, relaxing and mysterious music tracks specially tailored to the environments and puzzles (with in game volume controls).

Challenge yourself with over a dozen logic puzzles and mini-games to tease your brain and test your skill.

Learn REAL survival skills that you can carry over into the real world, like building a campfire, knife, rope and much more in the wild.

Gather clues, notes and items to solve conundrums and unravel the mystery of the island.

In game map to easily travel between locations and in game diary to record and store clues.

In game tutorial system for newer players. Whether you are a casual gamer or a seasoned puzzler, the game is fit for everyone.

In game context-sensitive hint system - If you're stuck, you can get a single hint at a time to nudge you along, without having to leave the game to look at entire walkthroughs online and jump into spoilers. Full video walkthrough also available online (http://elev8games.com/index.php/walkthroughs)

Hot spot highlight system - no pixel hunting, all gameplay.

Multi-language support - currently available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Hindi. Japanese and Korean.

Featuring the beautiful work of nature photographer David Huting (http://www.epicwallart.com - all background art used in game available for purchase and wall decoration) and music by The Cynic Project (http://www.cynicmusic.com)

Bronxsta's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Guess I'll check this out, unless someone talks me out of it soonish.
Will give imps when I get the chance to play.
I rarely have much time in a row to play, so I'm waiting to have at least an hour to play.
(This is the main reason I generally lean towards a more casual experience on iOS)

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-17-2014 at 07:32 PM.
06-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey guys thanks for posting about our game, just wanted to chime in as the dev and mention I'd be happy to take any questions or feedback about the game or it's development.

Also I just put out a new version which has much improved graphics... switched from a "spritesheet" based player character animation to a "bones" based tweened style which is much smoother and better performing. Overall the game also has many other improvements to make it much faster and more stable than the original release.

Here's an early gif of the improvements, it was modified further before release with better walk cycle animation, and the gif colors are a bit wonky, but hopefully it can help you guys see the difference.

Last edited by elev8games; 06-07-2014 at 03:20 PM.
06-07-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm a sucker for self-contained adventures with comprehensive hint systems and enthusiastic devs, so I picked this one up. I'll post impressions once I finish it, but I have quite an adventure game backlog, so it might be a while.
06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I'm a sucker for self-contained adventures with comprehensive hint systems and enthusiastic devs, so I picked this one up. I'll post impressions once I finish it, but I have quite an adventure game backlog, so it might be a while.
Thanks, hope you enjoy it! Take your time, will check back when you're through. Thinking of doing a sequel so all feedback is valuable for the next one.

I'm glad you like comprehensive hint systems too, at one point I was wondering if the added effort was worth it. Most mobile devs tend to do just video walkthroughs, and the translation cost for all the hints was almost as much as the text for the rest of the game. But it really did seem to help keep players from getting stuck and losing interest or jumping into spoilers, so we've had some good feedback on that.

Last edited by elev8games; 06-08-2014 at 07:32 AM.