★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Machines at War 3 - like Command & Conquer, Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation

02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Machines at War 3 - like Command & Conquer, Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation

Isotope 244 is proud to release a new strategy game on the Mac App Store — Machines at War 3available now! Machines at War 3 is the sequel to a RTS that was chosen by Apple as Game of the Week.

Boasting an unrivaled 130 different types of units and technologies to build. A full single-player campaign is included along with Game Center multiplayer and random map skirmishes. Machines at War 3 reminds many gamers of Command and Conquer and Supreme Commander.

Using modern game play elements mixed with retro graphics, Machines at War 3 lets you battle and outsmart enemy forces as a military commander. You’re joined by a fiery officer named Samantha Vice, who helps you maneuver through 21 intriguing campaign missions. Your objective: Uncover why your country’s secret research team — the Omicron Initiative — has disappeared.

Machines at War 3 is also available for Windows and Mac directly from Isotope 244. It has received positive reviews noting its numerous types of units, variety of winning strategies, and ease of play.

"The number of units that can be created is staggering"- Armchair General

"An ultra-solid strategy game full of interesting features, large maps, and a wide array of game play situations." - Gamers Critic

Features:
- Build over 130 types of units and technologies
- Rescue the Omicron Initiative in 21 missions
- Play unlimited random map skirmishes
- Conquer four friends in online multiplayer combat

Release Date: February 15th 2014
Languages: English, German, Chinese, Japanese, French, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian

Developer of RTS Machines at War 3 for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows.
RTS Land Air Sea Warfare for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows.
04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
A throwback to the MobileTechReview

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=45734

04-14-2014, 12:49 AM
stirring background score

looking forward to play this game!
06-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Working on an update today, a new unit is in the works!

06-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Want to play multiplayer
07-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Hey, dude, you ever think about how, like, weird real time strategy is? Like, just what is “real” “time” anyway, man? Kinda assumes that all “real” time is the same and, maybe this just me being an “agitator,” but I think a certain Mister Al Eisenstein might have a thing or… several things to say about that. You dig? click here for some great ideas

That’s why Machines at War 3 is such a groovy proposition, temporally speaking. An iOS port of a PC title that’ll totally do you a solid and give you a chance to relax, catch your breath, and queue up a hundred or so little Navy SEAL dudes to blast your probably communist foe back into the first tech tree. Like, I might be a spacey, anachronistic stereotype of a reefer-head liberal, but I’m no peacenik, brothers and sisters. Which reminds me! I totally zoned out and forgot my ICBM was ready…

Sedate really is the word to describe MAW3 (Slack Ops).That’s a good thing. Mostly. While there’s no specific mechanical twist that lends this impression, the game’s just overall a slower-paced affair than other RTS with their 60+ actions per minute and min/max-ing of worker supply lines. For this port–to a device which lacks the PC’s precision and hot-keys-which-are-actually-keys–the tempo works.

Last edited by ronitkhan; 07-12-2014 at 01:00 PM.
01-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Real time game? Like it