★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Business Management Sims

02-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Business Management Sims

So, I'm currently trying to write a GDD for a comic shop sim management game idea that a friend and I have been toying with. As part of the research I'm doing for it, I'm trying to find as many good, even decent, examples of business management sim games as I can.

Off the top of my head, plenty of the Kairosoft games come to mind, Fiz has it's own interesting take on managing a brewery, and of course I'm familiar with some of the more casual sim games like Tiny Tower and Pocket Trains.

Any games in this genre that feature a particularly well made inventory, system, some form of space/furniture management gameplay, feature some form of interaction with employees, etc? Again, the game as a whole doesn't have to be amazing if you feel like a certain aspect of it just really shines.

Appreciate all the help!
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piph View Post
So, I'm currently trying to write a GDD for a comic shop sim management game idea that a friend and I have been toying with. As part of the research I'm doing for it, I'm trying to find as many good, even decent, examples of business management sim games as I can.

Off the top of my head, plenty of the Kairosoft games come to mind, Fiz has it's own interesting take on managing a brewery, and of course I'm familiar with some of the more casual sim games like Tiny Tower and Pocket Trains.

Any games in this genre that feature a particularly well made inventory, system, some form of space/furniture management gameplay, feature some form of interaction with employees, etc? Again, the game as a whole doesn't have to be amazing if you feel like a certain aspect of it just really shines.

Appreciate all the help!
You could check out Smooth Operators. It's a call center sim. I enjoyed it quite a bit actually.

You're in charge of hiring employees for specific roles, such as managers, accountants, general customer service reps (I believe there are level 1 and level 2 call reps) IT techs, and janitors. You're in charge of workflow, hiring, pay wages and keeping employees happy. A lot of it comes down to keeping your employees productive.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 02-18-2014 at 09:14 PM.

02-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Wow, thanks! I've actually never heard of this one before, but having worked in a call center for a couple of years myself, I'd definitely be interested in seeing a game's take on the experience.

And honestly, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping to find. It seems like all of the games I come across put most, if not all, of their focus on developing products rather than developing your workforce.
02-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Wow, thanks! I've actually never heard of this one before, but having worked in a call center for a couple of years myself, I'd definitely be interested in seeing a game's take on the experience.

And honestly, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping to find. It seems like all of the games I come across put most, if not all, of their focus on developing products rather than developing your workforce.
Kairosoft's Grand Prix Story had me developing my workforce...
02-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:

No problem. I unfortunately worked in a couple call centers in my past as well.

Definitely a cool game though. I know what you mean by developing the product oppose to the workforce. There's a definite lack of those type of games on the App Store. I really liked that aspect of control with Smooth Operators. Pretty cool stuff.
02-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Kairosoft's Grand Prix Story had me developing my workforce...
I recently picked that game up. It is indeed fun. Not quite as in depth and more related to developing your race car. Good stuff though.
02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Game Dev Story, for sure.
02-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonixManix View Post
Game Dev Story, for sure.
It KILLS me that Kairosoft has never translated Game Dev Story 2 and brought it to ios. Biggest mistake that company has ever made. I'm sure they're not idiots, but I can't imagine what's stopping them from bringing it over.
02-20-2014, 09:40 PM
By the way, what're the thoughts on the other Kairosoft games, other than game dev story and dungeon village?
02-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Quote:
By the way, what're the thoughts on the other Kairosoft games, other than game dev story and dungeon village?
I really enjoyed the shopping centre one, and Grand Prix Story. The soccer one was alright but I am bot that into soccer, so I stopped playing quickly.