App description: RISK & REWARD COMBAT, utilizing 6 different damage types

Unlock skills by progressing through the tower, gaining XP and earning levels.
Pick a set of 3 Battle Abilities, select your weapons and armor and head into the tower to seek your fortune.
Strategize the most effective build, risk a lot and win big!

CHALLENGING FOES!

Face powerful enemies who will test your mettle.
Bide your time or swing big, to your utter destruction or victory.

FUSE AND POWER UP!

Fuse an ordinary weapon to make it extraordinary.
Level your gear to its max and then fuse it to bring out its true potential.
Take your Common sword and turn it into one of the Ultimate Weapons using materials you discover in the tower.

CREATE A TEAM, UNLOCK REWARDS!

Exchange friend codes with people you know playing the game, and form a team.
Earn gold and rewards as you and your friends level up!

PLUS:

Check back each day for different challenges and chest events
1000s of Unique Items to Collect
Find and Collect Dozens of Unique Character Avatars, each with their own Hero Abilities
Climb the tower and challenge the dragon!
Special events
Gain xp and level up to equip more powerful items
Monthly/weekly/daily dungeons
Try your luck with the ornate chest!

Note: Finders Keep is FREE to download and play. There are in-app purchases available. In-app purchases may be disabled within your system settings.

*A network connection is required to play.

PeteOzzy's comments:

02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Interesting ...

Can't find a link anywhere.

02-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeillusion View Post
Interesting ...

Can't find a link anywhere.
Do you mean the itunes link? It's https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/finders-keep/id797763984?mt=8

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
02-20-2014, 12:38 AM
Another free game to add to the list to try today!
02-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the link but it doesn't work. Maybe it's (NZ) only. Said it would be out in the us at 11. Could be a mistake.
02-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm enjoying this. Bear in mind that I'm fairly open to freemium games, though I never buy consumable IAPs so you can interpret my words according to your own values.

There is an energy bar and there are dual currencies, both purchasable. That's the ugly side out in the open already. Whilst I'd never try to defend their existence, they're relatively forgiving in this model. The energy bar is refilled on levelling up and so far, I've levelled after every dungeon so I've not come close to running out. I'm sure this will change later on but levelling also brings expansions to your energy bar itself, it's all remarkably generous for the freemium ethos.
The currencies are just as freely given. Gold, the most plentiful consumable, is used to buy random item packs of low rarity. So far, my exploring of an hour or so has given me enough to pick up three if them. The second currency, crystals, are used to purchase rare item lucky dip packs. You need five crystals and so far I've bought one and I'm close to a second. It might not sound too amazing, but it is massively fairer than most freemium models I've encountered.

Anyway, it's the gameplay that matters most. It plays a bit like a linear Dungelot, you navigate a clouded dungeon by tapping veiled squares until you encounter a chest, monster or other interaction. Combat is a turn-based vaguely strategic affair in that you chose to make a light attack, block or perform a heavy attack that takes turns to recharge. Enemies signal the attacks they're about to make so you'll know when to block. There's signs that you'll be able to add in other moves later, which would be nice as it's pretty simple otherwise.

The amount of loot is ridiculous and definitely a highlight for me. Most two minute dungeon sprints will provide three or four pieces of equipment that can be equipped, levelled, fused or broken down into materials to power other items. It's a bit too easy to over level though, I don't know if I've just been lucky with the equipment I've found but most enemies die in the first hit - it would be nice to have a bit more challenge, but that's just personal preference.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
02-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm enjoying this. Bear in mind that I'm fairly open to freemium games, though I never buy consumable IAPs so you can interpret my words according to your own values.

There is an energy bar and there are dual currencies, both purchasable. That's the ugly side out in the open already. Whilst I'd never try to defend their existence, they're relatively forgiving in this model. The energy bar is refilled on levelling up and so far, I've levelled after every dungeon so I've not come close to running out. I'm sure this will change later on but levelling also brings expansions to your energy bar itself, it's all remarkably generous for the freemium ethos.
The currencies are just as freely given. Gold, the most plentiful consumable, is used to buy random item packs of low rarity. So far, my exploring of an hour or so has given me enough to pick up three if them. The second currency, crystals, are used to purchase rare item lucky dip packs. You need five crystals and so far I've bought one and I'm close to a second. It might not sound too amazing, but it is massively fairer than most freemium models I've encountered.

Anyway, it's the gameplay that matters most. It plays a bit like a linear Dungelot, you navigate a clouded dungeon by tapping veiled squares until you encounter a chest, monster or other interaction. Combat is a turn-based vaguely strategic affair in that you chose to make a light attack, block or perform a heavy attack that takes turns to recharge. Enemies signal the attacks they're about to make so you'll know when to block. There's signs that you'll be able to add in other moves later, which would be nice as it's pretty simple otherwise.

The amount of loot is ridiculous and definitely a highlight for me. Most two minute dungeon sprints will provide three or four pieces of equipment that can be equipped, levelled, fused or broken down into materials to power other items. It's a bit too easy to over level though, I don't know if I've just been lucky with the equipment I've found but most enemies die in the first hit - it would be nice to have a bit more challenge, but that's just personal preference.
Nice review Pete!
Downloading now.
03-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Finder's Keep is launching worldwide tonight.